In a nutshell
Play a leading role in an exciting emerging health and beauty industry by studying this Bachelor of Health Science (Aesthetics) course.
Designed for anyone looking to turn an interest in beauty therapy into an exciting new career, this course will equip you with the foundation skills and knowledge required to take your first career step.
In this course, you’ll learn the fundamental anatomy, physiology and biology underpinning health aesthetic practise, and develop the skills and knowledge required to perform various dermal treatments on a wide range of clients. You’ll be tasked with developing and monitoring treatments, and will study the essential occupational health and safety framework underpinning best-practise health and wellness service provision.
You’ll have the opportunity to put your skills into practice and build essential experience with real-life spa learning opportunities.
Taught by industry experts, this course captures emerging trends and innovative treatments in this new industry, positioning you to start a new career with confidence in this exciting industry.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a Diploma of Beauty Therapy; OR
- Meet Torrens University Australia’s minimum entry requirements.
Torrens University Australia also sets guaranteed entry thresholds for students who have:
- ATAR 60 or equivalent; OR
- Studied at another university with a GPA of 3.5 in a scale of 7; OR
- A Special Tertiary Admission Test (STAT) rank of 155
English language proficiency is also required for international students.
In this beauty therapy course, the subjects you may study include:
- Aesthetic electrotherapy 1
- Aesthetic practice with technology 1
- Manual aesthetic techniques
- Human biology
- Cosmetic chemistry
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Foundations of aesthetics
- Digital fluency
- Aesthetic electrotherapy 2
- Aesthetic practice with technology 2
- Professional clinic practice 1
- Human and social development
- Cultural diversity in aesthetics
- Counselling and communications skills
- Biosafety in health
- Introduction to human nutrition
- Integrated research project
- Professional clinic practice 2
- Aesthetics in surgical practice
- Management in aesthetics practice
- Medi-spa in aesthetics practice
- Advanced dermal aesthetics practice
- Advanced body aesthetics techniques
- Aesthetics and dermatological changes
Why Torrens University Australia?
Torrens University Australia brings together some of the country’s most regarded tertiary institutes across industries like business, design, public health, hospitality, and sports management.
Studying with Torrens means learning from the industry’s best and brightest minds through cutting-edge syllabuses and small classroom environments. By becoming a Torrens student, you will not only have access to Torrens’ state-of-the-art campuses across the nation, you’ll also get to leverage Torrens status as a Laureate International University, and be able to access a global network of over 70 universities across 25 countries.
Torrens schools include; APM College of Business and Communication, Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Chifley Business School, Media Design School, Real Madrid Graduate School, Southern School of Natural Therapies and William Blue College of Hospitality.
Torrens Dynamic Online Learning mode means you can study at your own pace. By providing you with on-demand access to course materials and content, you can study when you want, where you want.
Torrens also runs Touch-Point weekend sessions that allow you to hear from industry professionals, chat to lecturers and expand your network.
Torrens students will also have access to Torrens Success Coaches, who will help you align your strengths and learning with your goals. From the moment you are admitted to your course, a Success Coach will be available to help you successfully navigate the educational landscape and build your personal and professional skills.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: