About this course
Are you ready to launch a global career in sports management?
The online Master of Business Administration (Sports Management) from Torrens University Australia and Real Madrid Graduate School will equip you with the skills to kick some serious career goals.
Nominated as one of the world’s top 10 sports management MBA programs, this online degree blends theory with practical experience to ensure you graduate at the top of your game.
You’ll explore a broad range of core business and management skills, including evaluating risk, using business analysis software and ethical decision-making, as well as concepts specific to the sports industry including health, leisure and recreation.
In this one-of-a-kind MBA program, you’ll have the benefit of learning from world-class mentors and academics, including:
- Professor Thomas Fricke – A sports consultant for the 2006 FIFA World Cup
- Professor Steve Gera – A sports operations expert who has worked with the Cleveland Browns (NFL) and Philadelphia 76ers (NBA)
- Professor Ramiro Lahera – Managing Director of Tactika Sports Culture, Marketing Director for the 2014 Basketball World Championship, Marketing and Sponsorship Director for the Madrid 2016 Olympic Games bid
- Professor Edouard Legendre – Sport Sponsorship Director for Ogilvy, Strategic Director for Geometry Global
Industry placement at Real Madrid Football Club
This is the industry placement of dreams. Students of this MBA spend two weeks at the famous Real Madrid Football Club in Spain, where you’ll gain hands-on experience to complement your theoretical studies.
Workload and assessment
In order to succeed in your studies, each subject in this course requires a combination of 120 hours of structured and self-directed learning, which equates to about 8.5 hours a week over a 14-week trimester.
Assessments for this course may take a variety of forms, including:
- Written examinations
- Group assignments
- Research reports
- Work integrated learning
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an Australian institution, or recognised overseas equivalent; OR
- Have completed Torrens University Australia’s Graduate Certificate of Business Administration, or equivalent
All students are also required to demonstrate sufficient competency in English.
In this sports management course, the subjects you may study include:
Torrens University Australia units:
- Strategic management capstone
- Management perspectives
- Influencing and making decisions
- Financial management
- Economic principles and decision making
- Dynamic leadership
Universidad Europea de Madrid units:
- Strategic marketing
- Sports marketing
- Residence sport facility operations
- Management and operations of sport venue
- Entrepreneurship, sustainability and social responsibility in sport
Torrens University Australia- Universidad Europea de Madrid units:
- Field project
Why Torrens University Australia?
Torrens University Australia brings together some of the country’s most regarded tertiary institutes across industries like business, design, public health, hospitality, and sports management.
Studying with Torrens means learning from the industry’s best and brightest minds through cutting-edge syllabuses and small classroom environments. By becoming a Torrens student, you will not only have access to Torrens’ state-of-the-art campuses across the nation, you’ll also get to leverage Torrens status as a Laureate International University, and be able to access a global network of over 70 universities across 25 countries.
Torrens schools include; APM College of Business and Communication, Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Chifley Business School, Media Design School, Real Madrid Graduate School, Southern School of Natural Therapies and William Blue College of Hospitality.
Torrens Dynamic Online Learning mode means you can study at your own pace. By providing you with on-demand access to course materials and content, you can study when you want, where you want.
Torrens also runs Touch-Point weekend sessions that allow you to hear from industry professionals, chat to lecturers and expand your network.
Torrens students will also have access to Torrens Success Coaches, who will help you align your strengths and learning with your goals. From the moment you are admitted to your course, a Success Coach will be available to help you successfully navigate the educational landscape and build your personal and professional skills.