In a nutshell
Support others to reach their potential with the skills gained in a CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling from TrainSmart Australia. With a growing demand for support services for adults and young people, counselling is a great choice for those seeking a rewarding and challenging career.
Equip yourself with fundamental knowledge you need to succeed as a counsellor. This course provides you with an understanding of how to provide professional help to diverse groups and individuals and make a real difference to someone’s life. You’ll learn how to provide guidance and support to your clients, encouraging them to reach their full potential.
Learn skills and techniques to handle different situations and clients from varied backgrounds. Subjects you’ll cover in the course include responding to crisis situations, developing and facilitating a counselling relationship, working with diverse people and helping those who have suffered from grief or trauma.
If you’ve always wanted to make a positive impact with your professional life, TrainSmart’s Diploma of Counselling is a step in the right direction.
Students of this course may be eligible for Jobs and Skills WA funding. Enquire now to find out more about funding your future.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold an Australian year 12 Certificate; OR
- Hold a Certificate IV qualification (or above); OR
- Completion of the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy
In this counselling course, subjects you may study include:
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCSL006 - Select and use counselling therapies
- CHCCSL003 - Facilitate the counselling relationship and process
- CHCCSL005 - Apply learning theories in counselling
- CHCCSL002 - Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
- CHCCSL004 - Research and apply personality and development theories
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDFV006 - Counsel clients affected by domestic and family violence
- CHCMHS013 - Implement trauma informed care
- CHCCCS017 - Provide loss and grief support
- CHCGRP002 - Plan and conduct group activities
- CHCCSL007 - Support counselling clients in decision-making processes
Why TrainSmart Australia?
Train hard, train well, train smart with TrainSmart Australia! With a range of online, on-campus and blended learning courses in community services, beauty, IT, business and more, TrainSmart Australia has an outstanding reputation for getting countless students recognised in their field and closer to conquering their career goals.
Why study with TrainSmart Australia? Their team of trainers have been handpicked and offer a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which they will pass down to you. TrainSmart also has strong industry ties and partners in various business sectors, which means more employment prospects for their graduates.
Go on, join thousands of happy students of have studied with TrainSmart Australia and enquire about their accredited courses today!
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)
Whether you’re studying 100% online or on campus, at TrainSmart Australia, you’re not just another number. They value each and every student’s learning journey and strive to ensure it’s a positive one.
Each student is assigned a dedicated trainer who will act as a mentor throughout your course, guiding and supporting you every step of the way.