In a nutshell
In the CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling, you will acquire the skills, practises and knowledge needed
to become a qualified counsellor. You will receive up-to-date practical training in providing effective
and ethical counselling services to people from a diverse range of backgrounds and issues.
During this course, you will be introduced to the various methods required to diagnose clients with
mental health issues and respond to situations of crisis.
In the CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling course, you will learn:
- How to facilitate counselling relationships and processes
- Research and apply learning, personality and development theories in a counselling practice
- Provide services to people from a diverse community and with a range of needs e.g. mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues, domestic violence, trauma.
By studying the Diploma of Counselling online you gain access to our team of Health and Community
Services Trainers. Our trainers will support you throughout the duration of this course to ensure you’re making progress, give valuable feedback on your theoretical and practical assessments and help you towards realising and achieving your career pathway goals.
All our trainers are highly experienced and offer students specialist knowledge and insight from their
Students of this course may be eligible for Jobs and Skills WA funding. Enquire now to find out more about funding your future.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold an Australian year 12 Certificate; OR
- Hold a Certificate IV qualification (or above); OR
- Completion of the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy
Counselling Module 1
- HLTWHS006 - Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
Counselling Module 2
- CHCCSL003 - Facilitate the Counselling relationship and process
- CHCCSL007 - Support counselling clients in the decision-making process
- CHCLEG001 - Work ethically and legally
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and Respond to crisis situations
Counselling Module 3
- CHCCSL002 - Apply Specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
- CHCCSL006 - Select and use counselling therapies
- CHCCSL004 - Research and apply personality and development theories
- CHCCSL005 - Apply learning theories in counselling
Counselling Module 4
- CHCCCS017 - Provide Grief and loss support
- CHCMHS013 - Implement trauma Informed Care
- CHCMHS005 - Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
Why TrainSmart Australia?
Train hard, train well, train smart with TrainSmart Australia! With a range of online, on-campus and blended learning courses in community services, beauty, IT, business and more, TrainSmart Australia has an outstanding reputation for getting countless students recognised in their field and closer to conquering their career goals.
Why study with TrainSmart Australia? Their team of trainers have been handpicked and offer a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which they will pass down to you. TrainSmart also has strong industry ties and partners in various business sectors, which means more employment prospects for their graduates.
Go on, join thousands of happy students of have studied with TrainSmart Australia and enquire about their accredited courses today!
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)
Whether you’re studying 100% online or on campus, at TrainSmart Australia, you’re not just another number. They value each and every student’s learning journey and strive to ensure it’s a positive one.
Each student is assigned a dedicated trainer who will act as a mentor throughout your course, guiding and supporting you every step of the way.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: