In a nutshell
Improve your tech skills and begin your journey down this rewarding career path! The ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology has been designed to teach students how to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT).
This course will equip you with a range of technical IT skills and competencies to boost your technical skill set and prospective career opportunities. Subjects studied in this course include:
- designing and implementing virtual computing and network solutions
- promoting workplace cyber security
- developing concepts to match business ICT needs
- configuring and troubleshooting operating system software
- implementing encryption technologies and authentication processes
During this course you will be assigned to work with highly experienced specialist IT trainers, to guide and support you throughout your studies. You’ll also gain unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning which includes many extra training resources to support your learning.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold an Australian year 12 Certificate; OR
- Hold a Certificate IV qualification (or above); OR
- Completion of the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy
Module 1: Cyber Security
- BSBXCS402 - Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
Module 2: Ethics in an ICT Environment
- ICTICT532 - Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
Module 3: ICT Support and Customer Service
- ICTSAS527 - Manage client problems
Module 4: ICT Strategy and Leadership
- BSBXTW401 - Lead and facilitate a team
- ICTICT517 - Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- BSBCRT512 - Originate and develop concepts
Module 5: Operating Systems
- ICTSAS518 - Install and upgrade operating systems
- ICTSAS445 - Configure and troubleshoot operating system software
Module 6: Networking
- ICTNWK543 - Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches
- ICTNWK542 - Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers
- ICTNWK561 - Design enterprise wireless local area networks
Module 7: Network and System Security
- ICTNWK546 - Manage network security
- BSBWHS521 - Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- ICTNWK531 - Configure an internet gateway
- ICTNWK539 - Design and implement an integrated server solution
- ICTNWK537 - Implement secure encryption technologies
- ICTNWK538 - Install and maintain valid authentication processes
Module 8: Virtualisation and Cloud
- ICTNWK553 - Configure enterprise virtual computing environments
- ICTNWK554 - Manage enterprise virtual computing environments
- ICTCLD506 - Implement virtual network in cloud environments
Why TrainSmart Australia?
Train hard, train well, train smart with TrainSmart Australia! With a range of online, on-campus and blended learning courses in community services, beauty, IT, business and more, TrainSmart Australia has an outstanding reputation for getting countless students recognised in their field and closer to conquering their career goals.
Why study with TrainSmart Australia? Their team of trainers have been handpicked and offer a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which they will pass down to you. TrainSmart also has strong industry ties and partners in various business sectors, which means more employment prospects for their graduates.
Go on, join thousands of happy students of have studied with TrainSmart Australia and enquire about their accredited courses today!
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)
Whether you’re studying 100% online or on campus, at TrainSmart Australia, you’re not just another number. They value each and every student’s learning journey and strive to ensure it’s a positive one.
Each student is assigned a dedicated trainer who will act as a mentor throughout your course, guiding and supporting you every step of the way.