In a nutshell
Pursue a challenging and rewarding career in the dynamic field of mental health! The CHC53315 Diploma of Mental Health from TrainSmart Australia is a great way to start your career, equipping you with an understanding of current approaches to providing assistance with mental health, alcohol and drug issues.
Help people turn their life’s around. Mental health is a varied field, supporting people from varied backgrounds with a range of needs. You may be encouraging community participation or residential rehabilitation as well as supporting employment opportunities or arranging respite care.
You’ll learn a range of skills and techniques for promoting recovery and well-being in your clients. This qualification can lead you to a variety of roles in sectors such as health, social work, occupational therapy and clinical psychology.
Enter the workplace with job-ready skills. This course ensures you’ll have completed 160 hours of work placement experience, ensuring you the best start to your career in mental health.
Students of this course may be eligible for Jobs and Skills WA funding. Enquire now to find out more about funding your future.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold an Australian year 12 Certificate; OR
- Hold a Certificate IV qualification (or above); OR
- Completion of the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy
In this mental health course, subjects you may study include:
- HLTWHS006 - Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCPOL003 - Research and apply evidence to practice
- CHCMHS009 - Provide early intervention, health prevention and promotion programs
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCADV005 - Provide systems advocacy services
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCSL003 - Facilitate the counselling relationship and process
- CHCCSL007 - Support counselling clients in decision-making processes
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- CHCMHS005 - Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCMHS012 - Provide support to develop wellness plans and advanced directives
- CHCMHS013 - Implement trauma informed care
- CHCCCS017 - Provide loss and grief support
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- CHCMHS010 - Implement recovery oriented approaches to complexity
- CHCMHS002 - Establish self-directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS003 - Provide recovery oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS004 - Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
Why TrainSmart Australia?
Train hard, train well, train smart with TrainSmart Australia! With a range of online, on-campus and blended learning courses in community services, beauty, IT, business and more, TrainSmart Australia has an outstanding reputation for getting countless students recognised in their field and closer to conquering their career goals.
Why study with TrainSmart Australia? Their team of trainers have been handpicked and offer a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which they will pass down to you. TrainSmart also has strong industry ties and partners in various business sectors, which means more employment prospects for their graduates.
Go on, join thousands of happy students of have studied with TrainSmart Australia and enquire about their accredited courses today!
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)
Whether you’re studying 100% online or on campus, at TrainSmart Australia, you’re not just another number. They value each and every student’s learning journey and strive to ensure it’s a positive one.
Each student is assigned a dedicated trainer who will act as a mentor throughout your course, guiding and supporting you every step of the way.