In a nutshell
RECEIVE UP TO 95% OFF THIS COURSE!**
If you are after a satisfying career where you want to make a positive impact in young people’s lives and help them achieve their goals, our Diploma of Youth Work course will help you on the way of becoming a Youth Worker.
The CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work course will develop your skills to build strong relationships and mentor young adults and youth who may require support. The course covers aspects that address the social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental and protection needs of young people. You will learn how to mentor and promote the well-being of young people, how to develop and implement youth programs/events and much more.
The course has a written and practical component in which you will receive a dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies. To achieve the CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work qualification you are assigned 160 hours of work placement to apply the skills and knowledge you have gained in a real-world setting.
**Discount available in Western Australia only through Jobs and Skills WA government subsidy. If you’re located in WA but living outside of the Perth Metro area, you may be eligible to study this course fully online through the Lower Fees, Local Skills subsidy.
What you’ll need
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best
chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; OR
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a completed Certificate IV qualification that can be verified; OR
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
Subjects you'll study are:
Module 1: Youth Work Essentials Part 1
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations
Module 2: Youth Work Essentials Part 2
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTWHS001 Participate in work health and safety
- CHCGRP002 Plan and conduct group activities
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
Module 3: Youth Work Essentials Part 3
- CHCYTH001 Engage respectfully with young people
- CHCYTH002 Work effectively with young people in the youth work context
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCYTH008 Support young people to take collective action
- CHCYTH009 Support youth programs
- CHCYTH010 Provide services for young people appropriate to their needs and circumstances
- CHCYTH012 Manage service response to young people in crisis
- CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
Why TrainSmart Australia?
Train hard, train well, train smart with TrainSmart Australia! With a range of online, on-campus and blended learning courses in community services, beauty, IT, business and more, TrainSmart Australia has an outstanding reputation for getting countless students recognised in their field and closer to conquering their career goals.
Why study with TrainSmart Australia? Their team of trainers have been handpicked and offer a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which they will pass down to you. TrainSmart also has strong industry ties and partners in various business sectors, which means more employment prospects for their graduates.
Go on, join thousands of happy students of have studied with TrainSmart Australia and enquire about their accredited courses today!
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)
Whether you’re studying 100% online or on campus, at TrainSmart Australia, you’re not just another number. They value each and every student’s learning journey and strive to ensure it’s a positive one.
Each student is assigned a dedicated trainer who will act as a mentor throughout your course, guiding and supporting you every step of the way.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: