In a nutshell
Ready to take on a management or supervisory role in the construction industry? Take the next step in your career with a Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (CPC40110) from Transformed!
This online Certificate IV course is the qualification you need to register as a licensed builder or step up into a construction manager, supervisor or foreman position. You’ll learn how to prepare construction contracts and cost estimates; plan work, manage finances and source materials; apply building codes and standards, structural principles and legal requirements; manage health and safety on-site; and much more.
Through 16 subjects (13 core and three electives), you’ll develop all the specialist skills and knowledge you need to enter the construction industry or kick your existing career up a level. You can study at your own pace and in your own environment, with full access to online training resources and tutor support. Take anywhere up to 18 months to complete your qualification (or as little as 12 months with Recognition of Prior Learning!). And once you graduate, the building and construction world will be your oyster!
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
However, Transformed recommends that you have experience in the building and construction industry, as well as a basic knowledge of the BCA and other standards.
In this building & construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A - Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A - Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B - Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A - Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B - Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B - Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B - Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- BSBSMB406A - Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4013A - Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC4015A - Prepare specifications for all construction works
- CPCCBC4016A - Administer a construction contract
- CPCCBC4017A - Arrange resources and prepare for the building or construction project
- CPCCBC4018A - Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4024A - Resolve business disputes
- CPCCBC4026A - Arrange building applications and approvals
- BSBPMG522 - Undertake project work
Why Transformed Pty Ltd?
Ready to take the next step in your career? Want a career change? Looking to advance your skills and add to your qualification portfolio? No matter what you’re after, Transformed will partner you with the right course to help excel your career.
Delivering nationally accredited courses in Building & Construction, Civil Construction, Procurement, Project Management, Social Media Marketing and more, Transformed makes online learning simple and convenient - simply log on and study at your own pace.
Learn from experienced facilitators who are experts in their industry and will go above and beyond to help transform your career. Enquire now and study with a recognised institution who have over 20 business and industry awards to their name, plus have featured in BRW, Australian Financial Review, Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and the Canberra Times.
At Transformed, your success is their success which is why they’ve have put in place a support system to assist you along every step of your learning journey. From picking the right course to navigating the online system, assessment guidance, accessing learning resources or more - Transformed have put a team in place to answer every query.