In a nutshell
Are you a project manager or construction manager who’s ready to tackle the next challenge in your career? A Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) (CPC50210) from Transformed is the perfect course for you.
This nationally recognised online course is designed to teach you the ins and outs of planning, managing, supervising and completing the construction of medium-rise buildings. You’ll learn how to prepare contracts, cost plans, and other documentation; manage subcontractors; apply building codes and standards; handle risk and OHS practices; and much more. Through 13 core units and five electives, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need to become a senior manager in the building and construction industry.
This diploma is delivered entirely online, with flexible study options that allow you to fit your learning in around your life. You can study at your own pace over a study period of up to 18 months, or fast-track your qualification and complete it within a year with Recognition of Prior Learning. So if you’re ready to take the next step in your construction career, there’s never been a better time to start!
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
However, Transformed recommends that you have experience in the building and construction industry as well as a basic knowledge of the BCA and other standards.
In this building and construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4013A - Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC5001B - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC5002A - Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5003A - Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction work
- CPCCBC5010B - Manage construction work
- CPCCBC5018A - Apply structural principles to the construction of medium rise buildings
- BSBOHS504B - Apply principles of OHS risk management
- BSBPMG505A - Manage project quality
- BSBPMG508A - Manage project risk
- CPCCBC5004A - Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and construction materials
- CPCCBC5005A - Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCBC5006B - Apply site surveys and set out procedures to medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC5007B - Administer the legal obligations of a building or construction contract
- CPCCBC5009A - Identify service layout and connection methods in medium rise construction projects
- CPCSUS5001A - Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- CPCCBC4005A - Produce labour and materials for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B - Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4011B - Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4018A - Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
- CPCCOHS1001A - Work safely in the construction industry
Why Transformed Pty Ltd?
Ready to take the next step in your career? Want a career change? Looking to advance your skills and add to your qualification portfolio? No matter what you’re after, Transformed will partner you with the right course to help excel your career.
Delivering nationally accredited courses in Building & Construction, Civil Construction, Procurement, Project Management, Social Media Marketing and more, Transformed makes online learning simple and convenient - simply log on and study at your own pace.
Learn from experienced facilitators who are experts in their industry and will go above and beyond to help transform your career. Enquire now and study with a recognised institution who have over 20 business and industry awards to their name, plus have featured in BRW, Australian Financial Review, Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and the Canberra Times.
At Transformed, your success is their success which is why they’ve have put in place a support system to assist you along every step of your learning journey. From picking the right course to navigating the online system, assessment guidance, accessing learning resources or more - Transformed have put a team in place to answer every query.