In a nutshell
You’re a compassionate person who enjoys working with people. Now, turn your talents into a rewarding new career with this online Diploma of Community Services (CHC52015) course from UNE Partnerships.
Designed for students with some volunteer or work experience in the community services sector, this industry-relevant course will help you build the formal skills and knowledge required to thrive working in professional roles in community services.
This course will help you gain a sound understanding of the legal, ethical and compliance environment in which the community services sector operates, understand the individual needs of clients, and gain the skills to effectively and appropriately develop holistic care plans for clients and client groups.
With a particular focus on developing personal insights, this course offers the opportunity to build advanced skills in emotional intelligence, communication and interpersonal skills – equipping you with both the skills and personal abilities needed to thrive in this challenging and rewarding sector.
Upon completing this course, you’ll be able to develop individualised and compliant care programs for your clients’ development needs and work competently as a community services professional. If you’re looking for a career that makes a difference in other people’s lives, this course is your next career step.
What you’ll need
- Year 12; OR
- Certificate IV level qualification; OR
- Language, literacy, and numeracy evaluation
- Currently working as a Community Services Manager or Team Leader; OR
- 3 + years of RELEVANT work experience; OR
- 5 + years of ANY work experience
- You will also be required to undertake at least 100-hours of work experience in a community services organisaton.
In this community services course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBLDR511 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
- CHCADV002 – Provide advocacy and representation services
- CHCCCS004 – Asses co-existing needs
- CHCCCS007 – Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCDE012 – Work within organisation and government structures to enable community development outcomes
- CHCCOM003 – Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCCSL007 – Supporting counselling clients in decision-making processes
- CHCCSM005 – Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCDEV001 – Confirm client developmental status
- CHCDEV002 – Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCDIV003 – Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 – Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWSH004 – Manage work health and safety
Why UNE Partnerships?
Looking for specialised training that’ll get you ahead in Business Management, Administration, Facilities Management, Practice Management or in the Public Sector? Turn to UNE Partnerships! They’re a training company of the University of New England - Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider, so you can trust that you’ll get a quality online learning experience.
UNE Partnerships is committed to equipping you with the right skills to excel in your field. Their range of online courses are nationally recognised, industry-endorsed, industry-relevant and are of the highest standard.
UNE Partnerships (UNEP) have a genuine interest and care for your success and for the last 30 years, together with the University of New England, they’ve been offering a holistic approach to quality education and real outcomes for their students.
From start to finish, UNEP students are supported to ensure they’re Connected, Capable and Confident in their academic and personal endeavours.