In a nutshell
Build sought-after skills in research and communication for a rewarding career in governance with this online Diploma of Government (PSP50116) course from UNE Partnerships.
Designed for students with existing relevant work experience, this course will equip you with the specialised skills in research, communication and team leadership required to thrive in the diverse field of government. With this qualification, you’ll build a strong foundation of analysis, research, communication and project management skills, and graduate ready to work well in teams in government areas.
Covering a broad range of subject areas and individual abilities, this course offers key insights in building diverse teams, using emotional intelligence, negotiating, and working in the public service, with sought-after skills in policy analysis, legislative compliance and strategic communication.
If you’re a critical thinker who likes applying theoretical knowledge to real-world scenarios, this course will help you progress your career and build exciting new skills.
What you’ll need
- Year 12; OR
- Certificate IV level qualification; OR
- Language, literacy, and numeracy evaluation
- Currently working in the Public Sector Manager; OR
- 3 + years of RELEVANT work experience; OR
- 5 + years on ANY work experience
In this government course, the subjects you may study include:
- PSPETH003 – Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPLEG003 – Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPGEN046 – Undertake research and analysis
- PSPGEN054 – Use complex workplace communication strategies
- BSBWHS301 – Maintain workplace safety
- PSPGEN047 – Promote diversity
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- PSPGEN054 – Provide leadership
- PSPGEN043 – Apply government processes
- BSBLDR501 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
- PSPGEN049 – Undertake negotiations
Why UNE Partnerships?
Looking for specialised training that’ll get you ahead in Business Management, Administration, Facilities Management, Practice Management or in the Public Sector? Turn to UNE Partnerships! They’re a training company of the University of New England - Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider, so you can trust that you’ll get a quality online learning experience.
UNE Partnerships is committed to equipping you with the right skills to excel in your field. Their range of online courses are nationally recognised, industry-endorsed, industry-relevant and are of the highest standard.
UNE Partnerships (UNEP) have a genuine interest and care for your success and for the last 30 years, together with the University of New England, they’ve been offering a holistic approach to quality education and real outcomes for their students.
From start to finish, UNEP students are supported to ensure they’re Connected, Capable and Confident in their academic and personal endeavours.