In a nutshell
Gain sought-after industry skills for a career fighting cyber crime with this online Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security course from the University of Adelaide.
Designed for students with an academic or professional background in computer sciences and programming, this course offers the expert guidance, real-world experience and practical skills required for a new career meeting Australia’s growing demand for cyber security professionals.
In this course, you’ll study core concepts of cyber security, including information risk management, business data management, and political policy-making. You’ll learn using industry tools, including Kali Linux, and have the opportunity to solve real problems using online hacking challenges and real-world case studies.
Online delivery means this course won’t interrupt your life. You’ll graduate in less than one year with an industry-recognised qualification from a leading Australian university and a strong foundation in cyber security principles.
For an exciting new career safeguarding against cyber crime, this course is your next career step.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor of Computer Science (or an equivalent Information Technology degree with similar levels of programming to a Computer Science degree) with a GPA of 4.5; OR
- Have relevant work experience, including programming experience, of at least three years in computer science or cyber security roles; OR
- Hold a diploma-level course or higher in networking and IT plus two years of relevant work experience, including programming experience.
In this information technology course, the subjects you may study include:
- Business data and cyber security
- Political institutions and policy-making
- Cyber security fundamentals
- Information risks, threats and controls
Why University of Adelaide?
As South Australia’s leading university, part of the top 1% of universities worldwide, and one of Australia’s elite Group of Eight Universities, you can trust that when you study with the University of Adelaide, you’ll be one step ahead of the pack.
Study a postgraduate course online and enjoy a flexible learning experience that allows you to study while you work and at a pace that’s convenient for you. Go on, take the next step in your career and excel with a highly regarded course from the University of Adelaide.
Studying online doesn’t mean studying alone! When you log on and learn with the University of Adelaide, you’ll be supported every step of the way.
The University of Adelaide has developed Student Life Counselling Support and a University Crisis Line, especially for online students. They are confidential and a free service available to all enrolled students to help overcome issues impacting their life and study.