In a nutshell
Take the next step towards your career as a registered psychologist with this online Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced) program from the University of Adelaide.
This degree reimagines the traditional honours year for psychology students — offering you the same world-class learning and unparalleled support as the University of Adelaide’s on-campus program, but delivered entirely online. If you’re looking to progress your study and meet the academic requirements for continuing on the pathway to becoming a registered psychologist in Australia, this qualification is an invaluable next step.
In this program, you’ll study the core concepts of psychological assessment, intervention, and project planning needed to succeed as a working psychologist. You’ll complete the degree with a substantive research project demonstrating your skills and breadth of knowledge — using evidence to investigate, answer and communicate a critical question relevant to the discipline of psychology.
With six intakes per year and one-on-one tutoring, this course offers the flexibility and support you need to succeed. You’ll have access to personalised career development advice, expert educators, and the resources you need to achieve your very best.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this degree, applicants must meet one of the following entry requirements.
- Hold a bachelor's degree that includes an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) three-year sequence in psychology with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5; AND
- Have a minimum grade average of 65% in Level 2 and Level 3 psychology courses taken as part of that degree.
- Have completed an APAC-accredited Graduate Diploma of Psychology with a GPA of 5.
In order to study with the University of Adelaide, you must be proficient in speaking, listening, reading and writing in English as this is the language of instruction.
In this psychology course, the subjects you may study include:
- PSYCHOL 6600OL - Professional and interpersonal skills
- PSYCHOL 6601OL - Understanding and synthesising psychological evidence
- PSYCHOL 6602OL - Applied quantitative and qualitative methods
- PSYCHOL 6603OL - Psychological measurement and assessment
- PSYCHOL 6604OL - Psychological applications and interventions
- PSYCHOL 6605OL - Project planning, managing and analysing data
- PSYCHOL 6606AOL - Research project part A
- PSYCHOL 6606BOL - Research project part B
Why University of Adelaide?
As South Australia’s leading university, part of the top 1% of universities worldwide, and one of Australia’s elite Group of Eight Universities, you can trust that when you study with the University of Adelaide, you’ll be one step ahead of the pack.
Study a postgraduate course online and enjoy a flexible learning experience that allows you to study while you work and at a pace that’s convenient for you. Go on, take the next step in your career and excel with a highly regarded course from the University of Adelaide.
Studying online doesn’t mean studying alone! When you log on and learn with the University of Adelaide, you’ll be supported every step of the way.
The University of Adelaide has developed Student Life Counselling Support and a University Crisis Line, especially for online students. They are confidential and a free service available to all enrolled students to help overcome issues impacting their life and study.