In a nutshell
A Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from UniSA Online opens up the door to a career in professional accounting. As one of Australia and Asia’s leading providers of finance and accounting education, UniSA is the perfect choice for those wishing to enter the world of commerce.
Students first gain a comprehensive foundation of business knowledge and concepts, including accounting and quantitative methods for business; business law; finance; business intelligence and data management; and economics and marketing principles.
Moving into specialised accounting topics, students then develop skills in areas such as financial and management accounting; taxation and company law; auditing; sustainability accounting; global and contemporary accounting issues; and strategic financial analysis.
And it’s not all about number-crunching. Accounting professionals need to be sound communicators and analysers with strong skills in decision-making and problem-solving. You’ll gain all that and more in this course from the UniSA Business School, which is ranked within the top 1% worldwide.
Study Accounting on Demand with UniSA Online
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this degree, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider; OR
- Completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above; OR
- Passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience; OR
- Completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification; OR
- Completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent; OR
- Qualified for Special Entry
In this accounting degree, the subjects you may study include:
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning
- Business and Society
- Accounting for Business
- Business Law
- Quantitative Methods for Business
- Financial Accounting 1
- Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange
- Principles of Economics
- Financial Accounting 2
- Management Accounting
- Business Finance
- Business Intelligence
- Financial Accounting 3
- Companies and Partnership Law
- Management and Organisation
- Sustainability Accounting and Reporting
- Auditing Theory and Practice
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- Taxation Law 1
- Strategic Financial Analysis
Why UniSA Online?
With a background spanning more than 25 years in online education, you can trust that you'll be getting a high quality university experience when you Study On Demand with UniSA Online. Considered a leader in the field, UniSA has transformed online learning and is one of Australia's largest and highest ranked online education providers (2015 Department of Education external student reported data, QS World University Rankings 2016). Select a 100% online course that has been created by academics and experts in online learning, who are focused on giving you the best start on your chosen career path. With all course content and assessments available online, you can Study On Demand, on your terms, on your schedule.
Studying with UniSA Online means you can Study On Demand. You'll gain around the clock personalised support to assist you on your learning journey. Technical issues? Nervous about a looming assessment? Gain on-demand access to their helpful and dedicated team.
Whether you need help with assignments, referencing, administrative or technical support, you’ll have on-demand access to the UniSA Online team who’ll be there to support you, every step of the way.
Students will have access to the UniSA Online ‘Study Help’ hub which is packed with loads of resources, workshops and support services. With online tutor support available seven days a week, you’ll be able to get help when you need it. If you’ve got a question related to your course, you can expect to receive a response in 24 hours. You’ll also be able to retrieve a range of resources through their virtual ‘Ask the Library’ service.
Gain full control over your study and gain a career focused qualification when you learn with UniSA Online!