In a nutshell
Studying a Bachelor of Construction Management with UniSA Online is the first step towards a career in the construction industry. You’ll be prepared to pursue a variety of opportunities in the low-rise residential and light commercial buildings sector.
This degree enables students to gain specialised knowledge and skills in one of three key areas: quantity surveying, building surveying or construction management. You’ll learn the essentials of construction management and materials, as well as economics and law as it relates to the industry.
You’ll then further develop your technical, analytical and practical skills in a variety of areas, including scheduling and estimating; contract administration; building and quantity surveying; and sustainable construction and construction environmental science.
Study Construction Management on Demand with UniSA Online
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this degree, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider; OR
- Completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above; OR
- Passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience; OR
- Completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification; OR
- Completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent; OR
- Qualified for Special Entry
In this building & construction degree, the subjects you may study include:
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning
- Introduction to Construction Management
- Construction Communication
- Construction 1
- Construction Materials
- Economics for Construction Professionals
- Structures 1
- Introduction to Contract Administration
- Construction Scheduling
- Construction 2
- Quantity Surveying Practice 1
- Contract Administration
- Structures 2
- Building Estimating
- Building Services
- Construction Cost Planning
- Development Regulation
- Sustainable Construction
- Development Economics
- Construction Environmental Science
- Construction Operations and Safety
- Fire Engineering
- Building Surveying
- Advanced Contract Administration
Why UniSA Online?
With a background spanning more than 25 years in online education, you can trust that you'll be getting a high quality university experience when you Study On Demand with UniSA Online. Considered a leader in the field, UniSA has transformed online learning and is one of Australia's largest and highest ranked online education providers (2015 Department of Education external student reported data, QS World University Rankings 2016). Select a 100% online course that has been created by academics and experts in online learning, who are focused on giving you the best start on your chosen career path. With all course content and assessments available online, you can Study On Demand, on your terms, on your schedule.
Studying with UniSA Online means you can Study On Demand. You'll gain around the clock personalised support to assist you on your learning journey. Technical issues? Nervous about a looming assessment? Gain on-demand access to their helpful and dedicated team.
Whether you need help with assignments, referencing, administrative or technical support, you’ll have on-demand access to the UniSA Online team who’ll be there to support you, every step of the way.
Students will have access to the UniSA Online ‘Study Help’ hub which is packed with loads of resources, workshops and support services. With online tutor support available seven days a week, you’ll be able to get help when you need it. If you’ve got a question related to your course, you can expect to receive a response in 24 hours. You’ll also be able to retrieve a range of resources through their virtual ‘Ask the Library’ service.
Gain full control over your study and gain a career focused qualification when you learn with UniSA Online!