In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Digital Media from UniSA Online combines cutting-edge knowledge and skills in design, media and technology. Preparing students for a wide variety of creative careers in the digital media industry, the course focuses strongly on practical experience.
Using a range of digital platforms, you’ll develop skills in a range of areas, from video and documentary production to web design to interactive text and image making.
As well as learning about the creative processes used throughout the digital media sector, you’ll study historical and cultural views of contemporary mediascapes within the digital environment, and investigate how galleries, libraries, archives and museums have been transformed by technology.
Study Digital Media on Demand with UniSA Online
What you’ll need
Applicants are required to meet one of the following criteria with a competitive result:
Higher education study
- Successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider
Vocational Education Training (VET)
- Completed an award from a recognised training organisation at Certificate IV or above
Work and life experience
- Passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience, or
- Completed a UniSA Foundations Studies program or equivalent, or
- Qualified for Special Entry
Recent secondary education
- Completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification
In order to complete your application, we will ask you to provide supporting documents as proof of your prior study or work experience.
In this digital media course, the subjects you may study include:
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning
- Introduction to Digital Media
- Introduction to Video Production
- Intercultural Communication
- Design Language in Media Arts
- Digital Graphics and Imaging
- Introduction to the GLAM sector - Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums
- Digital Media Project 1
- Animation Design
- Archives and the Digital World
- Writing for Digital Media
- Design for Digital Technologies
- Innovative Curatorial Studies
- Digital Media Project 2
- Web Design
- Digital Documentary
- Narrating Objects, Art and Archives
- Digital Mediascapes
- Managing Digital Media
- Digital Media Project 3
Why UniSA Online?
With a background spanning more than 25 years in online education, you can trust that you'll be getting a high-quality university experience when you Study On Demand with UniSA Online. Considered a leader in the field, UniSA has transformed online learning and is one of Australia's largest online education providers (2016 Department of Education). Select a 100% online course that has been created by academics and experts in online learning, who are focused on giving you the best start on your chosen career path. With all course content and assessments available online, you can Study On Demand, on your terms, on your schedule.
Studying with UniSA Online means you can Study On Demand. You'll gain around the clock personalised support to assist you on your learning journey. Technical issues? Nervous about a looming assessment? Gain on-demand access to their helpful and dedicated team.
Whether you need help with assignments, referencing, administrative or technical support, you’ll have on-demand access to the UniSA Online team who’ll be there to support you, every step of the way.
Students will have access to the UniSA Online ‘Study Help’ hub which is packed with loads of resources, workshops and support services. With online tutor support available seven days a week, you’ll be able to get help when you need it. If you’ve got a question related to your course, you can expect to receive a response in 24 hours. You’ll also be able to retrieve a range of resources through their virtual ‘Ask the Library’ service.
Gain full control over your study and gain a career focused qualification when you learn with UniSA Online!