In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition and Exercise), offered by UniSA Online, takes a holistic approach to nutrition and exercise. Enabling students to turn their passion for health into a career, the course combines theoretical and practical learning to provide students with the skills to improve people’s wellbeing.
Throughout the degree, you’ll learn how diet and exercise affect all aspects of life, from biological effects to the psychological and social impact. You’ll explore methods of managing and improving diet and nutrition, as well as ways to make lifestyle changes, increase physical activity and improve performance.
Nutrition, exercise, sport and health courses are complemented by additional areas of study, such as professional communication in the health industry and project management for health and wellness.
Study Nutrition and Exercise on Demand with UniSA Online
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this degree, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider; OR
- Completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above; OR
passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience; OR
- Completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification; OR
- Completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent; OR
- Qualified for Special Entry
In this health degree, the subjects you may study include:
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning
- Foundations of Health and Physical Activity
- Foundations of Human Biology 1
- Health and Society
- Foundations of Human Biology 2
- Lifespan Growth and Motor Development
- Health Promotion
- Foundations of Nutrition and Health
- Body in Motion 1
- Human Nutrition
- Theory of Exercise Testing and Prescription 1
- Nutrition and Exercise Biochemistry
- Body in Motion 2
- Theory of Exercise Testing and Prescription 2
- Lifespan Nutrition
- Food Safety, Quality and Security
- Professional Communication to Work in the Health Industry
- Psychology of Exercise, Sport and Health
- Project Management for Health and Wellness
- Food as Medicine
- Nutrition for Exercise and Performance
- Applications in Nutrition and Exercise
Why UniSA Online?
With a background spanning more than 25 years in online education, you can trust that you'll be getting a high-quality university experience when you Study On Demand with UniSA Online. Considered a leader in the field, UniSA has transformed online learning and is one of Australia's largest online education providers (2016 Department of Education). Select a 100% online course that has been created by academics and experts in online learning, who are focused on giving you the best start on your chosen career path. With all course content and assessments available online, you can Study On Demand, on your terms, on your schedule.
Studying with UniSA Online means you can Study On Demand. You'll gain around the clock personalised support to assist you on your learning journey. Technical issues? Nervous about a looming assessment? Gain on-demand access to their helpful and dedicated team.
Whether you need help with assignments, referencing, administrative or technical support, you’ll have on-demand access to the UniSA Online team who’ll be there to support you, every step of the way.
Students will have access to the UniSA Online ‘Study Help’ hub which is packed with loads of resources, workshops and support services. With online tutor support available seven days a week, you’ll be able to get help when you need it. If you’ve got a question related to your course, you can expect to receive a response in 24 hours. You’ll also be able to retrieve a range of resources through their virtual ‘Ask the Library’ service.
Gain full control over your study and gain a career focused qualification when you learn with UniSA Online!