In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Psychological Science and Sociology, from UniSA Online, is the only degree of its kind in Australia. The degree brings together two important disciplines to challenge students’ perspectives on how people behave, think, react and interact.
Students begin by developing a thorough knowledge of core concepts and principles in sociology, social policy and psychology. Topics such as sociological theory, counselling, social policy analysis and community-based and participatory research methods are explored in depth, and real-world cases are utilised to provide vital industry insight and experience.
Students can choose to specialise in ageing and disability and/or criminology, two sectors with rapidly increasing employment opportunities.
Study Psychological Science and Sociology on Demand with UniSA Online
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this degree, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider; OR
- Completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above; OR
- Passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience; OR
- Completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification; OR
- Completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent; OR
- Qualified for Special Entry
In this psychology degree, the subjects you may study include:
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning
- The Social World
- Psychology Concepts
- Intercultural Communication
- Politics and Citizenship in Australia
- Sociological Perspectives
- Counselling Concepts
- Contemporary Aboriginal Issues
- Working with Community
- Australian Social Policy
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Research Methods
- Social Analysis
- Health Psychology
- Young People in Transition
- Sociology of Gender and Intimacy
Why UniSA Online?
With a background spanning more than 25 years in online education, you can trust that you'll be getting a high quality university experience when you Study On Demand with UniSA Online. Considered a leader in the field, UniSA has transformed online learning and is one of Australia's largest and highest ranked online education providers (2015 Department of Education external student reported data, QS World University Rankings 2016). Select a 100% online course that has been created by academics and experts in online learning, who are focused on giving you the best start on your chosen career path. With all course content and assessments available online, you can Study On Demand, on your terms, on your schedule.
Studying with UniSA Online means you can Study On Demand. You'll gain around the clock personalised support to assist you on your learning journey. Technical issues? Nervous about a looming assessment? Gain on-demand access to their helpful and dedicated team.
Whether you need help with assignments, referencing, administrative or technical support, you’ll have on-demand access to the UniSA Online team who’ll be there to support you, every step of the way.
Students will have access to the UniSA Online ‘Study Help’ hub which is packed with loads of resources, workshops and support services. With online tutor support available seven days a week, you’ll be able to get help when you need it. If you’ve got a question related to your course, you can expect to receive a response in 24 hours. You’ll also be able to retrieve a range of resources through their virtual ‘Ask the Library’ service.
Gain full control over your study and gain a career focused qualification when you learn with UniSA Online!