In a nutshell
The online Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology at UNSW is designed for those who see the growing number of, and diversity of, employment opportunities where financial technology capabilities are required, and premium salaries are being offered.
You’ll gain the foundational skills of FinTech and a comprehensive understanding of the implications of tech advancements on the future and present state of the financial services industry.
The Graduate Certificate provides you with the skills employers demand, in a fast-tracked model, and gives you a pathway to study the Master of Financial Technology.
What you’ll need
To do this course, you'll need:
- A recognised bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in any discipline; OR
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a commercial or public service organisation related to banking, finance, or technology; AND
- To be proficient in the English language.
Students can choose to study either:
- Any 3 core subjects, plus 1 available elective subject; OR
- Any 4 core subjects.
- FinTech Ecosystem and Industry Insights
- Decentralised Finance
- RegTech Applications for Banking and Finance
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- InsurTech and Financial Risk Management
- Technical Tools for FinTech^
- Problem-solving Methods for FinTech^*
- Data Management for FinTech^*
- Robo-Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation^*
- Managing People, Analytics and Change
- Data and Ethics
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Cyber Security
- Big Data Management
- Foundations of Data Science
Available elective subjects will vary per program and study period ^Subjects requiring programming (Python) knowledge. *Pre-requisite required: Technical Tools for FinTech.
Why UNSW Online?
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.
Student Admissions Advisors:
Investing in the right program for you is important to us and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Our Student Enrolment Advisors are available to assist you with all your program and enrolment queries.
Student Success Advisors:
Studying online does not mean studying alone. We are here to help you make your difference. Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor (SSA), who is committed to assisting you at every stage, from enrolment through to graduation. Your SSA is on hand to help with all non-academic queries by phone or email.