In a nutshell
Go to the next level and build on foundational knowledge you’ve acquired in the Graduate Certificate, with the Graduate Diploma in Financial Technology from UNSW.
It will enable you to develop a comprehensive and well-rounded understanding of technological advances and implications to the future and present states of the financial services industry.
Gain an insight into payment gateway providers and underlying disruptive technologies to develop advanced skills for managing digital cash messages and crypto platforms.
The course is fast-tracked meaning you could graduate in 16 months.
The Graduate Diploma provides you with the skills employers demand and upon successful completion, offers a pathway to study the Master of Financial Technology.
What you’ll need
To do this course, you'll need:
- A recognised bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in any discipline with a credit average of 65% or higher as per the UNSW Admissions entry calculator; AND
- To be proficient in the English language.
Entry via nested qualification
- If you have completed a Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology with a credit average of 65% or higher as per the UNSW Admissions entry calculator, you can progress to the Graduate Diploma in Financial Technology.
Students can choose to study either:
- Any 6 core subjects, plus 2 available elective courses; OR
- Any 7 core subjects, plus 1 available elective course; OR
- Any 8 core subjects.
- FinTech Ecosystem and Industry Insights
- Decentralised Finance
- RegTech Applications for Banking and Finance
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- InsurTech and Financial Risk Management
- Technical Tools for FinTech^
- Problem-solving Methods for FinTech^*
- Data Management for FinTech^*
- Robo-Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation^*
- Managing People, Analytics and Change
- Data and Ethics
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Cyber Security
- Big Data Management
- Foundations of Data Science
Available elective subjects will vary per program and study period. ^Subjects requiring programming (Python) knowledge. *Pre-requisite required: Technical Tools for FinTech.
Why UNSW Online?
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.
Student Admissions Advisors:
Investing in the right program for you is important to us and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Our Student Enrolment Advisors are available to assist you with all your program and enrolment queries.
Student Success Advisors:
Studying online does not mean studying alone. We are here to help you make your difference. Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor (SSA), who is committed to assisting you at every stage, from enrolment through to graduation. Your SSA is on hand to help with all non-academic queries by phone or email.