In a nutshell
Ideally suited to IT professionals looking to take their careers to the next level, the Advanced Diploma of Network Security (ICT60215) is the perfect online course to help you specialise in network security.
Delivered by Upskilled, the course has been mapped to world-leading vendor certifications such as Cisco’s CCNA, CCNP, CCENT; and the CompTIA Server+, Network+ and Security+ courses.
The course covers advanced network security techniques, and will also show you how to implement secure encryption technologies, configure and test server-based security, complete penetration testing, and respond to network attacks and intrusions. To complement your technical learning, this course also includes access to a range of industry-leading video content from Pluralsight – an on-demand platform that brings together 5,000 IT short courses led by a global network of industry experts!
Upon completion of this 12-month course, you will walk away with a nationally recognised qualification in network security and be prepared to sit the Cisco and CompTIA exams to gain your vendor certification!
Please note: students will be required to book, pay for and sit these exams with an external provider.
What you’ll need
It is recommended that applicants have:
- Successfully completed the Diploma of Information Technology Networking (ICT50415), the core units from this course, or a related qualification; OR
- Demonstrated vocational experience in senior network support roles
In this IT course, the units of competency you may study include:
- ICTNWK502 – Implement secure encryption technologies
- ICTNWK509– Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
- ICTNWK601 – Design and implement a security system
- ICTNWK602 – Plan, configure and test advanced server based security
- ICTSUS601 – Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects
- ICTNWK603 – Plan, configure and test advanced internetwork routing solutions
- ICTNWK604 – Plan and configure advanced internet work switching solution
- ICTNWK608 – Configure network devices for a secure network infrastructure
- ICTNWK609 – Configure and manage intrusion prevention system on network sensors
- ICTNWK612 – Plan and manage troubleshooting advanced integrated IP networks
- ICTNWK613 – Develop plans to manage structured troubleshooting process of enterprise networks
- ICTNWK607 – Design and implement wireless network security
Upskilled may make changes to this course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or meet other regulatory requirements.
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and efficient vocational education, training and short courses for working professionals, job seekers and school leavers. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.