In a nutshell
This online course covers server and workstation configuration, network device installation, storage, backup and restore principles, network protocols and management, managing groups and working in both wired and wireless environments – key skills for the ICT professional whether you work independently or as part of a team.
The course is relevant to Microsoft, Novell, Linux and UNIX systems and would suit someone looking to get accredited for network operations support. If you’re looking to equip yourself with the tools you need for problem-solving, managing incidents, maintaining equipment and offering a good support service, then this course could be for you.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, the following pathways are preferred:
- Successful completion of Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or equivalent units; OR
- Successful completion of Year 12 certificate and relevant ICT experience; OR
- Demonstrated vocational experience in a range of IT work environments in a network or support role, including administrator, manager, operations analyst, operations engineer/technician, or technician
In this computer systems course, the units of competency you will study include:
- ICTSAS425 – Configure and troubleshoot operating system software
- ICTWEB411 – Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages
- ICTNWK404 – Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network
- ICTPRG414c – Apply introductory programming skills in another language
- ICTSAS426 – Locate and troubleshoot ICT equipment, system and software faults
- ICTICT401 – Determine and confirm client business requirements
- BSBWHS304 – Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- ICTICT418 – Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTICT421 – Connect, maintain and configure hardware components
- ICTNWK405 – Build a small wireless local area network
- BSBSUS401 – Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- ICTTEN417 – Install, configure and test a router
- ICTNWK401 – Install and manage a server
- ICTWEB429 – Create a markup language document to specification
- ICTWEB414 – Design simple web page layouts
- BSBCRT401 – Articulate, present and debate ideas
- ICTICT405 – Develop detailed technical design
- ICTICT408 – Create technical documentation
- ICTICT415 – Provide one-to-one instruction
- ICTPRG409 – Develop mobile applications
Upskilled may make changes to this course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or meet other regulatory requirements.
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and efficient vocational education, training and short courses for working professionals, job seekers and school leavers. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.