In a nutshell
This Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies (ICT40315) course offered by Upskilled will give you the technical skills and vocational education to be able to design, develop, build and administer websites.
Studying this course, you can specialise your education by choosing electives in either design and production of websites, or the administration and management of websites, corporate intranets and extranets.
What you’ll need
Anyone can apply, however, it is recommended you use one of the following preferred pathways:
- After achieving Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent; OR
- Demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in an website development, administration, or management
In this IT course, the units of competency you will study include:
- BSBWHS304 – Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- ICTICT401 – Determine and confirm client business requirements
- ICTWEB403 – Transfer content to a website using commercial packages
- ICTWEB402 – Confirm accessibility of websites for people with special needs
- ICTICT418 – Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTWEB429 – Create a markup language document to specification
- ICTWEB401 – Design a website to meet technical requirements
- ICTWEB424 – Evaluate and select a web hosting service
- CUAPPM407 – Create storyboards
- ICTWEB425 – Apply structured query language to extract and manipulate data
- ICTICT408 – Create technical documentation
- ICTWEB407 – Conduct operational acceptance tests of websites
- ICTWEB404 – Maintain website performance
- ICTWEB408 – Ensure basic website security
- ICTWEB409 – Develop cascading style sheets
- ICTWEB411 – Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB406 – Create website testing procedures
- BSBCRT401 – Articulate, present and debate ideas
- ICTDBS403 – Create basic databases
- ICTPMG401 – Support small scale ICT projects
- ICTWEB405 – Monitor traffic and compile website traffic reports
- ICTWEB415 – Produce server side script for dynamic web pages
Upskilled may make changes to this course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or meet other regulatory requirements.
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and efficient vocational education, training and short courses for working professionals, job seekers and school leavers. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.