In a nutshell
Drive meaningful change with your career when you study the Graduate Certificate in Public Health and Communicable Disease from UTS Online.
In this course you will study the public health approach to enhancing health, public health research methods, including epidemiology and biostatistics, and the control of communicable diseases.
This internationally recognised qualification has been developed in close consultation with industry experts. The curriculum comprises subjects that provide a solid grounding of knowledge and skills required in any public health career and gives students skills in public health programs in a wide range of areas, such as communicable diseases, epidemiology and biostatistics, and Indigenous health.
Delivered via UTS’ flexible and convenient online learning platform, students have the option to study whenever and wherever it works best for you.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completed a recognised bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification; OR
- Submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies; OR
- Applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree but who have extensive relevant work experience in a healthcare or human services field may also be considered eligible.
In this health course, the subjects you may study include:
- Foundations in Public Health, and Indigenous Public Health
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Communicable Disease
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics, and Fundamentals of Qualitative Research
Why UTS Online?
Technology is driving change. At UTS Online we use the latest learning technology to help you get ahead and stay ahead in a changing world, faster.
UTS is the top-ranked young university in Australia and ranked 11th globally*.
Our 100% online postgraduate courses give you the opportunity to access our world-class education wherever you are.
Our courses are created by leading industry academics who partner with organisations operating at the edge of progress.
The courses are delivered through an innovative and interactive online platform, designed by experts in online education who understand how to make lessons personal and engaging.
With UTS Online, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need for your immediate future as well as the capability to keep adapting as new technologies, new career environments and new social challenges change our world even more.
*QS Top 50 Under 50, 2020
You'll have the support you need to succeed with a dedicated Student Success Advisor who will navigate and motivate you through to graduation day.