In a nutshell
Want to play your part in helping to shape the future of education? Start with the Master of Education (Learning and Leadership) from UTS Online.
This education course has been designed to support innovation in leading learning and built to help educational leaders adapt to future learning frameworks and cultures. Explore and develop knowledge and skills in leading, designing and evaluating learning and innovation within your professional setting.
Who is this course for you may wonder? Just about any professional who is looking to lead and support learning innovation in their practice or organisation, whether in corporate, health, public sector, school, higher education or community settings.
Study 100% online and learn how to develop and design learning for diverse environments in the context of rapidly evolving digital technologies, plus develop knowledge and skills in practice driven research and its application in developing future-focused learning environments that deliver changes that matter in individual practice, organisations and professions.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A recognised bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification; OR
- Other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies; OR
- Applicants who do not satisfy these requirements may still be considered for admission via the assessment of a CV and personal statement which outlines the applicant’s interest in, and understanding of, the course.
For applicants with an academic qualification, the qualification must be in any ASCED Field of Education group (01 to 10) and the applicants must have a minimum of two years’ related professional work experience in the following ANZSCO groups – 01 Managers, 02 Professional, 03 Technicians and Trades Workers, 04 Community and Personal Service Workers, 05 Clerical and Administrative Workers, and 06 Sales Workers. Related work experience is assessed according to the response provided by applicants in the employment question on their application and CV.
In this education course, the subjects you may study include:
- Learning and its Trajectories
- Designing Innovative Learning
- Leading Learning
- Learning in the Digital Age
- Professional Learning and Practice
- Leading Innovative Practices
- Evaluating Learning and Innovation
- Research Practices
- Investigating Learning and Innovation Project
Electives (choose 3):
- Strategic Learning in Workplaces
- Mentoring in the Workplace
- Data Ethics and Regulation
- Policy power and Politics in Health Care
Why UTS Online?
Technology is driving change. At UTS Online we use the latest learning technology to help you get ahead and stay ahead in a changing world, faster.
UTS is the top-ranked young university in Australia and ranked 11th globally*.
Our 100% online postgraduate courses give you the opportunity to access our world-class education wherever you are.
Our courses are created by leading industry academics who partner with organisations operating at the edge of progress.
The courses are delivered through an innovative and interactive online platform, designed by experts in online education who understand how to make lessons personal and engaging.
With UTS Online, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need for your immediate future as well as the capability to keep adapting as new technologies, new career environments and new social challenges change our world even more.
*QS Top 50 Under 50, 2020
You'll have the support you need to succeed with a dedicated Student Enrolment Advisor who will navigate and motivate you through to graduation day.