In a nutshell
In an ever-evolving health and social care system, there’s a growing need for managers with strong skills in organisational and change management. Build in-demand skills with the Master of Health Services Management from UTS Online.
This course is designed to prepare new, aspiring and middle health service planners and managers to assume a leadership role in the strategic and operational management of a wide range of health services and facilities. This health course can be tailored to your career interests with the choice of a Quality and Safety major and sub-majors including Digital Health, Leadership or Planning.
Enjoy the flexibility and convenience of online study and give your credentials a boost while maintaining other commitments. Plus, you’ll have access to, and be led by a dedicated and expert team of educators, who will share their extensive experience in the sector.
S0 if you want to drive change to create safer, higher value and more equitable services and systems, start by enquiring about the Master of Health Services Management today.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A recognised bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification in a relevant field; OR
- Submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
In this health course, the subjects you may study include:
- Foundations of the Australian Healthcare System
- Using Health Care Data for Decision Making
- Organisational Management in Health Care
- Managing Quality, Risk and Cost in Health Care
- Policy, Power and Politics in Health Care
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
Quality and Safety (major)
- Planning and Evaluating Health Services
- Improving Safety and Quality in Healthcare
- Systems and Service Innovation
- Quality and Safety Improvement Methods
Digital Health (sub-major)
- Contemporary Approaches to Digital Health
- Fundamentals of Health Information Management
Why UTS Online?
Technology is driving change. At UTS Online we use the latest learning technology to help you get ahead and stay ahead in a changing world, faster.
UTS is the top-ranked young university in Australia and ranked 11th globally*.
Our 100% online postgraduate courses give you the opportunity to access our world-class education wherever you are.
Our courses are created by leading industry academics who partner with organisations operating at the edge of progress.
The courses are delivered through an innovative and interactive online platform, designed by experts in online education who understand how to make lessons personal and engaging.
With UTS Online, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need for your immediate future as well as the capability to keep adapting as new technologies, new career environments and new social challenges change our world even more.
*QS Top 50 Under 50, 2020
You'll have the support you need to succeed with a dedicated Student Success Advisor who will navigate and motivate you through to graduation day.