In a nutshell
The Master of Public Health from UTS Online will help you build advanced knowledge for a rewarding career as a leader in health.
Delivered 100% online, this public health course is designed for professionals who are passionate about creating positive change for population and community health, and are looking to advance their skills to gain a global perspective in public health.
The course will ensure you learn advanced skills applicable to a multitude of health contexts, plus allows you to tailor your studies to align with your career goals. Select from a range of electives including data analytics, leadership and health services management, plus you can opt for a generalist pathway or choose to major in data analytics or sub-major in leadership.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification; OR
- Submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrate the potential to pursue graduate studies; OR
- Applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree, but who have extensive relevant work experience in a healthcare or human services field may be considered eligible.
In this health course, you'll study 12 subjects with the option to tailor your studies in a specialisation:
- Foundations in Public Health, and Indigenous Public Health
- Global Health Systems, and Planetary Health
- Social Perspectives in Public Health
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Non-communicable Disease
- Communicable Disease
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics, and Fundamentals of Qualitative Research
- Health Promotion
- Core Public Health
- Data Analytics
- Health Services Management
- Communicable Disease
Why UTS Online?
Technology is driving change. At UTS Online we use the latest learning technology to help you get ahead and stay ahead in a changing world, faster.
UTS is the top-ranked young university in Australia and ranked 11th globally*.
Our 100% online postgraduate courses give you the opportunity to access our world-class education wherever you are.
Our courses are created by leading industry academics who partner with organisations operating at the edge of progress.
The courses are delivered through an innovative and interactive online platform, designed by experts in online education who understand how to make lessons personal and engaging.
With UTS Online, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need for your immediate future as well as the capability to keep adapting as new technologies, new career environments and new social challenges change our world even more.
*QS Top 50 Under 50, 2020
You'll have the support you need to succeed with a dedicated Student Success Advisor who will navigate and motivate you through to graduation day.