In a nutshell
Help shape the environment we live in – literally, with the Master of Urban Planning from UTS Online and be part of an industry that is set to soar.
This course is well-suited to professionals from both planning and non-planning fields wanting to develop their knowledge and practical skills to become effective planners and create sustainable urban environments.
During your studies, you’ll develop knowledge and practical skills to become effective planners with an integrated approach to creating sustainable urban environments. Explore the various perspectives of urban planning development, including the environment, legislation, and social sustainability.
Delivered 100% online, this urban planning course has been designed in collaboration with industry experts in the local, state government and private sector to deliver sought-after practical skills that are relevant for urban planning professionals.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completed a recognised bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent qualification; OR
- Completed a UTS Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Urban Planning/Design, Planning or Property Development; AND must have obtained a credit average or above; OR
- Completed a recognised Graduate Certificate/Diploma in a related field, with a credit average or above; AND have at least 3 years full-time, or equivalent part-time, work experience in related fields; AND must articulate their work experience and the reasons to study the Master of Urban Planning.
In this urban planning course, the subjects you may study include:
- Property Development and Planning Process
- Sustainable Urban Development
- Planning & Design Theory and Decision Making
- Urban Design Fundamentals
- Urban Analytics
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessments
- Urban Economics and Infrastructure Funding
- Australian Planning and Environmental Law
- Local Strategic Planning
- Structure Planning
- Spatial Analysis (GIS)
- Development Negotiation and Community Engagement
- Urban Redevelopment
- Major Project 1
- Major Project 2
Why UTS Online?
Technology is driving change. At UTS Online we use the latest learning technology to help you get ahead and stay ahead in a changing world, faster.
UTS is the top-ranked young university in Australia and ranked 11th globally*.
Our 100% online postgraduate courses give you the opportunity to access our world-class education wherever you are.
Our courses are created by leading industry academics who partner with organisations operating at the edge of progress.
The courses are delivered through an innovative and interactive online platform, designed by experts in online education who understand how to make lessons personal and engaging.
With UTS Online, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need for your immediate future as well as the capability to keep adapting as new technologies, new career environments and new social challenges change our world even more.
*QS Top 50 Under 50, 2020
You'll have the support you need to succeed with a dedicated Student Success Advisor who will navigate and motivate you through to graduation day.