In a nutshell
The lives of children and adolescents are more complicated than ever before and the demand for professionals who can support them is high! The Graduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health from Victoria University (VU) Online will give you a strong understanding of their mental health and wellbeing.
The curriculum has been designed by contemporary mental health experts and is the only university mental health qualification in Australia designed to focus on engaging and working with children and adolescents – you can apply your knowledge in schools and educational settings.
Study 100% online with Victoria University Online’s award-winning postgraduate Block Model. This model recognises and accommodates the complexity of students’ lives and facilitates a manageable and connected online learning experience.
Upon completion of the course, you’ll be qualified to continue onto study the Master of Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
Enquire now to find out more!
Note: Victoria University Online is currently offering Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) for students enrolling in this course before October 25 th , 2023, bringing the cost of the Graduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health qualification to just $3,108 – a saving of 72%. Enquire now to see if you qualify for CSP!
What you’ll need
To do this course, you need to have completed:
- an AQF Level 7 Bachelor in a cognate discipline such as Health Science, Social Work, Psychology, Medicine, Counselling, Youth Work or Education OR;
- a Victoria University Graduate Certificate in Mental Health OR;
- a Victoria University Graduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
In this course, units you may study include:
- HNO6014 - Introduction to Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- HNO6015 - Child and Adolescent Engagement and Assessment
- HNO6012 - Effective Trauma-Informed Care
- HNO6009 - Mental Health Foundations Unit Code
Why Victoria University Online?
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, you can tailor your studies to fit around your busy schedule. Their programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Their postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
VU Online's learning platform is a virtual one-stop-shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community.
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase.
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators.
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings.
- Small class sizes with a 25:1 student-teacher ratio.