In a nutshell
Build your knowledge of mental health and expand your skillset as a registered nurse with the Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing from Victoria University (VU) Online. This degree will help you take your career to the next level and fulfil the postgraduate study requirements for the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN) credential.
Gain a holistic understanding of mental health nursing practice and the mental care needs of diverse communities.
Study 100% online with VU Online’s award-winning postgraduate Block Model. This model recognises and accommodates the complexity of students’ lives and facilitates a manageable and connected online learning experience. Focusing on just one subject at a time, the six-study period a year model enables you to complete as many as six units per year to graduate faster.
VU Online provides four layers of personalised, academic and non-academic support to its online students to help them create their success story.
Enquire now to find out more!
What you’ll need
To do this course, you need to have:
- Completed an AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Nursing, or equivalent qualification AND;
- Registration as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) OR Registered Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) OR equivalent registration with the relevant registering authority for applicants outside of Australia AND;
- Completed a minimum of one year of full-time clinical experience, or the part-time equivalent, as a registered nurse and have clinical support in a mental health specialty area OR provide written confirmation from their employer that they are employed in a mental health setting OR;
- Completed Victoria University’s Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Nursing.
In this course, units you will study include:
- HNO6010 - Recovery Oriented Mental Health
- HNO6011 - Biopsychosocial and Cultural Perspectives in Mental Health
- HNO6012 - Effective Trauma-Informed Care
- HNO6008 - Mental Health Nursing
- HNO6001 - Promoting Cultural Competence and Community Health
- HNO6013 - Mental Health in Later Life
- HNO6002 - Care Coordination in Practice
- HNO6004 - Evidence and Research for Practice
Why Victoria University Online?
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, you can tailor your studies to fit around your busy schedule. Their programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Their postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
VU Online's learning platform is a virtual one-stop-shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community.
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase.
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators.
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings.
- Small class sizes with a 25:1 student-teacher ratio.