In a nutshell
Invest in yourself and enjoy the rewards later when you study the Master of Financial Planning from Victoria University Online.
This course will give you an edge in your field and help you add value to your career, clients and organisation. Throughout your studies, you’ll understand the ethical and professional capacities required of financial planning advisers, as well as enhance your foundational knowledge of financial planning and build advanced skills that’ll withstand the constantly changing financial planning landscape.
Study 100% online with Victoria University Online’s award-winning postgraduate Block Model. This model recognises and accommodates the complexity of students’ lives and facilitates a manageable and connected online learning experience. Focusing on just one subject at a time, the six-study period a year model enables you to complete as many as six units per year to graduate faster.
VU Online provides four layers of personalised, academic and non-academic support to its online students to help them create their success story.
Enquire now to find out more!
Study an Financial Planning with Victoria University Online
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; OR
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; OR
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline and five years of managerial experience; OR
- Applicants without an undergraduate qualification may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate (in the same discipline) based on approved work experience. Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, graduates will be eligible for admission to this course with credit granted for completed units.
In this financial planning course, the subjects you may study include:
- Risk Management and Estate Planning
- Superannuation and Retirement Wealth Planning
- Principles of Financial and Investment Planning
- Taxation Law of Australia (Bridging)
- Professionalism and Ethics (Bridging)
- Financial Advice Corporation and Commercial Law (Bridging)
- Behavioural Finance for Financial Advisers
- Financial Plan Construction and Client Management
- Business Consulting
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Art and Practice of Leadership
Why Victoria University Online?
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, you can tailor your studies to fit around your busy schedule. Their programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2020 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Their postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
VU's online learning platform is a virtual one-stop-shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community.
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase.
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators.
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings.
- Small class sizes with a 25:1 student-teacher ratio.