In a nutshell
If you are a professional in allied health or social care settings who can deliver the leadership, care and support that will positively impact mental health care services in Australia, the Master of Mental Health from Victoria University (VU) Online is for you.
The curriculum is designed by a group of contemporary mental health experts, to assist you in building a comprehensive mental health practice, based on research and evidence, collaboration and trauma-informed care. You’ll undertake important research to contribute to our developing understanding of mental health, and explore advanced care strategies, therapies and interventions to create better outcomes for people in diverse populations.
Study 100% online with Victoria University Online’s award-winning postgraduate Block Model. This model recognises and accommodates the complexity of students’ lives and facilitates a manageable and connected online learning experience.
VU Online provides four layers of personalised, academic and non-academic support to its online students to help them create their success story.
Enquire now to find out more!
What you’ll need
To do this course, you need to have:
- Completed an AQF Level 7 Bachelors degree in a cognate discipline such as Health Science, Social Work, Psychology, Medicine, Youth Work, or Education; OR
- A Graduate Certificate in Mental Health; OR
- A Graduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
In this course, units you may study include:
- HNO6010 - Recovery Oriented Mental Health
- HNO6012 - Effective Trauma-Informed Care
- HNO6009 - Mental Health Foundations
- HNO6014 - Introduction to Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- HNO06013 - Mental Health in Later Life
- HNO7013 - Psychological Therapies
- HNO6004 - Evidence and Research for Practice
- HNO7014 - Perspectives on Addictive Behaviours
- HNO7012 - Assessment in Mental Health
- HNO7901 - Research Project
- HNO6015 - Child and Adolescent Engagement and Assessment
- HNO7011 - Pharmacology and Therapeutics in Mental Health
Why Victoria University Online?
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, you can tailor your studies to fit around your busy schedule. Their programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Their postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
VU Online's learning platform is a virtual one-stop-shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community.
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase.
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators.
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings.
- Small class sizes with a 25:1 student-teacher ratio.