In a nutshell
Take the next step in your career by enrolling in Victoria University Online Master of Nursing. Build upon your skills and gain specialist knowledge to deliver better health outcomes.
This course is designed for registered nurses who want to build upon their nursing practice and promote better health outcomes.
You’ll learn how to assess and apply current WHO and Australian Health priorities and cultural competency principles to promote community health; formulate and lead quality and safety innovations for improved patient outcomes; you will assume leadership for complex care coordination for clients; provide leadership in informatics and its applications to digital healthcare; contribute to advancing nursing knowledge, practice and design through the evaluation of research; develop, implement and assess professional development programs for clinical settings, plus much more.
Study 100% online with Victoria University Online’s award-winning postgraduate Block Model. This model recognises and accommodates the complexity of students’ lives and facilitates a manageable and connected online learning experience. Focusing on just one subject at a time, the six-study period a year model enables you to complete as many as six units per year to graduate faster.
VU Online provides four layers of personalised, academic and non-academic support to its online students to help them create their success story.
Enquire now to find out more!
Study Nursing with Victoria University Online
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completed an AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Nursing, or equivalent qualification; AND
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) OR Registered Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) OR equivalent registration with the relevant registering authority for applicants outside of Australia; AND
- Completed a minimum of one year of full-time clinical experience, or the part-time equivalent, as a registered nurse; OR
- Applicants without an AQF 7 Bachelor Degree of Nursing or above who also hold current Registration as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) or Registered Midwife with the Australian Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA), or applicants without sufficient clinical work experience will be considered for the Graduate Certificate in Nursing. On successful completion of the Graduate Certificate, applicants will be eligible for admission to this course with credit granted for completed units.
Subjects you may study include:
- Promoting Cultural Competence and Community Health
- Care Coordination in Practice
- Leading Improvement and Innovation
- Evidence and Research for Practice
- Complex Care Coordination
- Nursing Informatics
- Professional Development in Practice
- Mental Health Nursing
Chronic Disease and Ageing
- Innovation in Aged Care Practice
- Ageing and Chronic Disease
- Health and Wellbeing for the Older Person
- Research Project: Chronic Disease and Ageing
- Nursing Management
- Nursing Leadership and Management
- Financial Management for Nurses
- Research Project: Nursing Leadership
Why Victoria University Online?
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, you can tailor your studies to fit around your busy schedule. Their programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Their postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
VU Online's learning platform is a virtual one-stop-shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community.
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase.
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators.
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings.
- Small class sizes with a 25:1 student-teacher ratio.