In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Business (Accounting), from Western Sydney University Online, prepares students to pursue careers in professional accounting within a range of business contexts.
Throughout this accredited course, you’ll grow to understand the importance and significance of accounting in a professional setting. You’ll learn how to analyse and measure transactions through financial accounting; cover core taxation law concepts; learn about the tools used in corporate finance decision-making; apply theoretic auditing and assurance concepts to real-world scenarios; and cover fundamental economic concepts for use in an accounting setting.
This course is delivered entirely online by specially trained coaches. On completion, you’ll have met the the pre-admission requirements of Australia’s professional accounting bodies, and will be ready to start your career.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a Cert III or Cert IV, in any field; OR
- Completion or partial completion of tertiary study; OR
- Work experience, in any industry; OR
- Completion of Year 12 HSC (or equivalent), with a minimum required ATAR; OR
- Tertiary Preparation Certificate (TPC); OR
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT).
In this accounting course, the subjects you may study include:
- Financing Enterprises
- Enterprise Leadership
- Enterprise Law
- Enterprise Innovation and Markets
- Statistics for Business
- Accounting in Context
- Financial Accounting Applications
- Management Accounting Fundamentals
- Techniques in Financial Accounting
- Accounting Standards and Governance
- Accounting Information Systems
- Corporate Accounting Systems
- Auditing and Assurance Services
- Law of Business Organisations
- Taxation Law
- Corporate Financial Management
- Contemporary Management Accounting
- Innovation, Enterprise and Society
- Working in Professions
- The Accountant as a Consultant
Why Western Sydney University Online?
Start your study journey with Western Sydney University Online and gain the same online degree in business, social science, human resources, marketing and more as you would on campus.
Enjoy an advanced digital learning environment that’s has been created with your needs in mind. Begin your course at a time that’s convenient for you, and log on and learn at a time and place that suits you.
Western Sydney University have a reputation for excellence, so you can be proud to graduate with a degree that comes from a uni ranked in the top 2% globally!
When you join Western Sydney University Online you’re also joining an engaged online community of fellow students and academics, who are committed to helping you succeed during you studies.
Chat to a student advisor online or over the phone any day of the week, reach out to specially trained online learning advisors, gain access to online assignment assistance and ensure your work is always on the right track, plus stay in touch with other students via WSU’s specially-built digital portal.