In a nutshell
Become a leader in the exploding global tourism sector by studying this Bachelor of Business (Tourism Management) course.
One of the largest and fastest-growing industries in the world, the tourism sector is seeking skilled leaders capable of shaping experiences for millions of tourists seeking new place, experiences and opportunities.
In this course, you’ll learn the essential foundation knowledge and skills required to play a key role in this field. You’ll study tourism concepts including business and management principles, strategic leadership, human resources management and leadership, tourist experience, and the context, challenges and opportunities of the tourism sector today.
With a strong focus on workplace training, this course will support you to complete 800 hours of approved internship, giving you the essential skills and experience required to add value and stand out in the competitive and exciting tourism sector after graduating.
Designed for anyone seeking an exciting new career on the global stage, this qualification will prepare you for an exciting, challenging and rewarding career.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Year 12 or equivalent with ATAR 60; OR
- Demonstrated ability to undertake study at this level, comprising relevant work experience or formal or informal study or written submission to demonstrate reasonable prospect of success.
For international students, English language proficiency to equivalent IELTS 6.0 (academic) with no skills band less than 5.5 is also required.
In this tourism course, the subjects you may study include:
- The tourist experience
- Place, culture and destination management
- Introduction to tourism, hospitality and events
- Customer experience management
- Understanding people and organisations
- Business communications
- Marketing fundamentals
- Product management in tourism
- Product distribution and revenue management
- Global innovation and trends
- The business environment
- Accounting for decision making
- Industry practicum 1 and 2
- Tourism strategies, planning and policy
- Sustainability and resource management
- Tourism entrepreneurship
- Ethics and sustainability
- Risk and crisis management
- Organisational creativity and innovation
- Lean business start-up
- Restaurant operations
- Festivals and special events
- Introduction to event, risk and compliance
- Sports events
- Strategic management
- Human resources management
- Wedding planning
- Front office operations
- Hospitality entrepreneurship
- Exploring gastronomy
- Introduction to PR writing
- Marketing strategy
- International public relations
- Digital marketing communications
- Marketing and audience research
- Business to business marketing
- Corporate communications
- Advanced PR writing
- Content creation for social media
- Event venue management
- Consumer behaviour
- Integrated marketing communications
- Sports marketing
- Introduction to sport management
- Wine and beverage management
- Planning and designing hospitality venues
- Event policy and strategy
- Managing sports facilities
- Project management
- Build your personal brand
- Understanding public relations
- Understanding advertising
- Airline management
- Destinations management
- Report and spa management
- Tour operations
Why William Blue College of Hospitality Management at Torrens University?
For more than 20 years, William Blue College of Hospitality Management has been at the forefront of hospitality, event and tourism management education in Australia!
With courses designed in consultation with industry professionals and a focus on practical industry training, William Blue has a proven track record of producing highly qualified and sought-after graduates with the skills to get ahead.
As partners of Torrens University Australia (part of Laureate International Universities) you’ll be automatically connected with over 70 international education providers. Enjoy the many benefits of learning at a dedicated, industry-recognised hospitality college, focussed on helping you excel your career!
The student services team at William Blue take the needs of their students seriously and are dedicated to making your learning experience a positive one!
While studying at William Blue you’ll have access to an academic support team who’ll be on hand for anytime you feel overwhelmed, and need helpful tips around exam prep, studying, time management and more. They also provide a free and confidential counselling service via phone, Skype or face-to-face.
Connect with people in the field as soon as you start at William Blue! Their Industry Advisor team will help you link with the right people in your field as well as assist you with your CV, interview tips and more.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: