In a nutshell
This online, part-time Data Science course from General Assembly (GA) provides you with all the skills you need to solve problems, synthesise large sets of data, and ultimately tackle the real-world data science field.
You will create robust predictive models with statistics and Python programming. Build your confidence and credibility in hands-on ways through data synthesis, predictive models, and portfolio documentation.
Individualised instructors help you with guidance, feedback and real-time technical assistance to enable you to bring your ideas to life and succeed in the workplace.
GA provides extensive access to their dedicated career services to help you with your own personal job search experience. This may include help with interview preparation, resume reviews and salary negotiation techniques; all to equip you for a successful career in Data Science.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants should be comfortable with programming fundamentals, core Python syntax, and basic statistics.
When you enrol, you will complete a short onboarding task and may be advised to also take an introductory Python workshop. There are up to 25 hours of online lessons to prepare you with the coursework foundations.
- Programming Basics - Practice the fundamentals of evidence science by practising basic functions in Python
- Research Design and Exploratory Data Analysis - Practice exploratory data analysis for cleaning and aggregating data and understanding the basic statistical testing values of your data
- Create linear and logistic regression models, and branch from statistics into machine learning with kNN and classification
- Learn and practice core machine learning models to evaluate complex problems
Enquire online to request the full syllabus.
Why General Assembly?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. When you learn web development, data, design, business, and more with GA, you get:
- Award-winning curriculum and expert instructors, on campus and online.
- A global, professional community of 40,000-plus full- and part-time alumni.
- Career results from leading-edge courses, with mentorship each step of the way.
Today’s complex, global economy requires a skilled workforce that can leverage technology to fuel success. General Assembly’s robust suite of courses includes all the fundamental pillars of innovation to give individuals and teams several options for growth and development. We offer programs in web development, data science and analysis, user experience design, digital marketing, product management, and more. Students can choose from a range of formats and modalities to help them best achieve their goals, including full-time, part-time, and short-form options — on campus, and online.
Some courses can be taken on campus at locations in Sydney and Melbourne or all can be taken virtually via a Live Online Remote Format.
Be part of a supportive community during every step of your learning journey and beyond!
At GA, you will have a dedicated student success producer, to guide you through the course and ensure you are supported throughout your journey. You will also have the opportunity to attend regular social events, to mingle with other students and alumni.