In a nutshell
If you are looking to commence studying for a Human Resources qualification, or are an industry professional looking to up-skill without having to complete a full qualification, then this BSBSS00105 Human Resources Foundations Skill Set course form Open Colleges could be just the thing for you.
The course will allow you to build your communication and relationship building skills while also equipping you with knowledge and confidence needed to build strong relationships and effectively communicate with employees. You will learn essential skill such as how to support HR functions and processes, how to support employee and industrial relations procedures, how to coordinate recruitment and on-boarding and how to administer performance development processes. This course is also an ideal gateway for students wishing to study the BSB50320 Diploma of Human Resource Management but are missing some of the entry requirement components.
This course is delivered 100% online.
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrolment with Open Colleges.
What you’ll need
There are mandatory entry requirements for enrolling in this course.
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have access to a modern computer with video / audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g., mobile phone/smartphone.
While completing this course, you will cover the following essential areas:
- Support HR functions and processes
- Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
- Support employee and industrial relations procedures
- Administer performance development processes
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.