In a nutshell
Understand the fundamentals and impact of blockchain, and work with leading industry experts to build a real-world strategy for your business.
Why learn blockchain strategy?
You’ve probably heard of blockchain. It’s the technology that powers a US$180billion cryptocurrency industry. But the truth is, bitcoin is only a small part of blockchain’s potential. We’re here to show you the big picture.
RMIT is the first Australian university to offer a dedicated blockchain short course: Developing Blockchain Strategy. This isn’t a course that is all about theory. We’ve partnered with industry leaders, like Accenture and Stone & Chalk, to develop a hands-on blockchain program. It’s a course for people who want to build real-world strategies and upskill fast. Less essay, more application.
Learn the foundations of blockchain, study with global thought leaders and get mentoring from industry experts.
So, ready to get started?
What you’ll need
There are no entry requirements for the course, just bring a positive and inquisitive attitude as we will be discussing complex concepts.
In this blockchain strategy short course the subject you may study include:
- Week 1: Acquire an understanding of blockchain and its technology foundations.
- Week 2: Develop the capability to complete a cost-benefit analysis of using blockchain to a relevant industry.
- Week 3: Develop and apply your conceptual understanding of blockchain to the financial services sector.
- Week 4: Summarise the key technical, legal and regulatory considerations in applying blockchain to a business opportunity.
- Week 5: Describe key patterns in emerging use cases and recognise common barriers to adoption in emerging use cases.
- Week 6: Discuss strategic frameworks for developing blockchain business strategy.
- Week 7: Final assessment - develop and present a professional and cohesive blockchain business strategy via video to your peers and mentors. Identify potential opportunities and challenges within blockchain use cases and your own industry. Propose a proof of concept for your own organisation and identify potential outcomes.
- Week 8: You will receive feedback for your project and participate in peer-to-peer project reviews.
Why RMIT Online?
Looking for a world-class education experience that you can receive from the comfort of your own home? Turn to RMIT Online!
Check out their range of online degrees or upskill faster with a short course and prepare to excel your career. With RMIT Online, you’ll build real-world skills, work closely with their respected industry partners and get the knowledge to transform your career. Being RMIT accredited means you’ll be recognised by one of the most innovative and respected technology institutions in Australia.
Studying online doesn’t mean you have to go through the learning journey solo. When you study with RMIT Online you’ll be connected with a support team and a global network of industry experts, academics and peers, who will help you every step of the way. Whether you have a technical issue, feel bogged down and need someone to talk to or struggling with an assignment - they’ve got the right people to help get you to where you want to be.