In a nutshell
Learn at your own pace
RMIT’s iOS App Development with Swift program gives you the flexibility to reach your goals in as little as five months. Each course is self-paced over four weeks. You can complete the program around your life and work commitments.
Get job ready
RMIT have partnered with leading companies to deliver a skills-focused program to get you job-ready. Build projects, get mentor support and make connections with some of the best names in the industry, including Tigerspike, Bilue and jtribe.
Earn degree credit
Completing the program, you are eligible for credit into approved RMIT degrees.
How does it work?
It’s pretty simple. Each course runs for four weeks and is self-paced. How you learn and when you study? That’s up to you. We estimate you’ll need about 20-30 hours per course.
Each week, your mentor will stream online tutorials and webinars. You can watch these live, bouncing ideas off your classmates, or save them for later. It shouldn’t really feel like a lecture. More of an interactive lesson. Chat with your peers on Slack, watch tutes via Zoom, ask questions and get real-time answers. It’s lifestyle and learning, all in one.
What you’ll need
You must meet the following requirements to complete this course:
- Each course is self-paced and takes between 20-30 hours to complete. You will be required to submit an assessment at some stage within the four weeks.
- This is a beginner level program and you do not require any prior developer knowledge to enrol.
- Motivation to learn!
iOs Developer Program Specific Requirments:
- Access to a Mac computer running macOS Sierra or High Sierra
- Access to Xcode 9 (free on the App Store)
- Access to Slack (web or free on the App Store)
- Access to ZOOM Cloud Meetings (web or free on the App Store)
In this app development bundle the courses you will study include:
- Course 1: App development and swift foundations
- Course 2: Interface basics
- Course 3: Navigation and workflows
- Course 4: Building screens and working with the web
- Course 5: Design and prototype your own app
Why RMIT Online?
Looking for a world-class education experience that you can receive from the comfort of your own home? Turn to RMIT Online!
Check out their range of online degrees or upskill faster with a short course and prepare to excel your career. With RMIT Online, you’ll build real-world skills, work closely with their respected industry partners and get the knowledge to transform your career. Being RMIT accredited means you’ll be recognised by one of the most innovative and respected technology institutions in Australia.
Studying online doesn’t mean you have to go through the learning journey solo. When you study with RMIT Online you’ll be connected with a support team and a global network of industry experts, academics and peers, who will help you every step of the way. Whether you have a technical issue, feel bogged down and need someone to talk to or struggling with an assignment - they’ve got the right people to help get you to where you want to be.