What does a dentist do?
- Examining teeth
- Regular scaling and fluoride treatments
- Treating gum disease and tooth decay
- Formulating treatment plans
- Tooth extraction
What skills do I need to be a dentist?
- Good eyesight
- Manual dexterity
- Intense concentration
- Genuine care for patients
- Ability to use specialist equipment
Dentistry is a huge industry, offering many different career paths that allow you to tailor your studies and training to help you find fulfilment in your professional work. Below are just some of the popular specialisations in the field of dentistry.