Career FAQs Pty Ltd (ACN 111 754 799) t/a StudySelect (“StudySelect” or “we”), cares about the privacy of its users (“you”) and understands the importance of protecting any personal information we collect about you as well as clearly disclosing to you what we may do with your personal information.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and observe the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP”) pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended).
The purpose of this policy is to let you know:
- What information is collected about you when you visit this website
- What information is collected when you submit a course enquiry
- What information is collected when you download a free career resource
- How this information is collected and used
- Our disclosure policies, including with whom the information is shared
- How you can access or correct your information
- What security procedures are in place to protect against the misuse or loss of personal information
- How you can contact StudySelect and make complaints (if necessary)
- When you visit the site
- When you submit a course inquiry
- When you purchase a course
- When you download a free career resource, including, but not limited to, a resume, cover letter or resignation template
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- To any of our third-party partners in relation to an email direct marking campaign or any content sharing arrangements
Your personal information will be handled appropriately according to this policy and the terms and conditions section of our website and may be amended, at StudySelect’s discretion, from time to time. You may contact us at any time to request details about what personal information we hold, or to request that it be changed or deleted.
The type of information that StudySelect collects about you is dependent on how you use the services offered on our website.
(a) Personal Information
StudySelect collects personal information about its users. Once an individual decides to make an enquiry about a course, subscribe to our newsletter or download a career or education-related resource, StudySelect (upon the individual completing an online form) will collect all or some of the following personal information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- State and country of residence
- Enrolment readiness status
- Career(s) and/or course(s) of interest
We will not collect or solicit personal information via this site which would be unlawful, unrelated to the functions or activities of StudySelect, or in a manner we believe is unreasonably intrusive. How we use your personal information is set out below in the section entitled “Use and Disclosure of Personal Information”.
There is no obligation on you to provide us with any of the personal information that we may request, however if you choose not to provide us with the requested information we may not be able to offer the requested service or it may affect our efficiency in providing our services to you.
(b) Sensitive Information
Generally, StudySelect does not collective sensitive information about an individual. Sensitive information, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles includes, but is not limited to, information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
(d) Non-personal Information
Like most websites, StudySelect collects non-personal information in aggregated form when an individual accesses the website, which includes the following information:
- Date and time of visit to the site
- Top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.)
- Pages accessed and documents downloaded
- Previous site visited
- Type of Internet browser used
- IP address
- Operating system used
- Domain name of your Internet Service Provider
- Banner advertisements you have viewed or clicked on.
We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our users use our website. We may also share this information with our third-party education partners for the purpose of providing you with the best course choices.
StudySelect will only collect information about an individual from that individual, unless it is reasonable and practicable to do so or for reasons compliant with the APP.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information is requested or collected by us when it is required to assist in efficiently handling your request. You acknowledge that any disclosure of personal information by you during a visit to our website, whether as part of completing a course enquiry or otherwise, is being made freely by you without any pressure or undue influence being exerted on you.
Your personal information is used for the following purposes:
- To answer your enquiries or to assist in processing your enrolment through StudySelect’s education and training partners, which will involve disclosing your personal information to the educational entity that provides the course you have enquired about
- To offer you personalised and relevant educational information and services to enhance your study and career opportunities
- To provide information on government study loans, financial subsidies, student support services, or changes to regulations or legislation
- To provide more information about the courses provided by education providers from time to time, as authorised by law
- To provide you with marketing communications as permitted by law, including in relation to our partners’ career and education-related products and services, which includes, but is not limited to, news about education-related products and services similar to those you have made enquiries about
- To provide to any partners on our website (which will be determined by StudySelect and may include tertiary and other educational providers as well as other careers stakeholders) – see our quality assurance process for the providers we partner with above.
You can opt out or unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in each newsletter or by contacting us directly. Please allow two working days for any unsubscribe requests to come into effect. Based on the information you share with us, individual offers may be shown to you on our website or on third-party websites, including social media websites.
StudySelect will only publish your personal information on this site if you have consented to its disclosure (e.g. you have taken part in an interview, or submitted an article to be published on our blog). When giving such consent you should be aware that information published on this site is accessible to users from all over the world, will be indexed by search engines and may be copied and used by any web user. This means that, once the information is published on this site, we will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
StudySelect will take reasonable steps to ensure that when personal information is provided to third parties, they are also bound by privacy and confidentiality provisions in relation to the protection of your personal information. StudySelect may disclose your personal information to third parties who perform services for us, or any related parties including but not limited to the purposes of maintaining and managing our information systems.
You have the right to directly contact such third parties to request access to any personal information provided to us.
Updated Information and Access to Personal Information
StudySelect will make reasonable attempts to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date and complete. To assist us with this, please provide us with the correct information and inform us if there is any change in your details.
Please contact us if you would like access to the personal information that we hold about you, if you would like to update your personal information or if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate.
At your request, StudySelect will provide you with access to your personal information, unless there is an exemption which applies under the APP. To protect your privacy and security we may need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request changes to your personal information.
StudySelect uses ‘cookies’ in its website systems. A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device, and allows you to be recognised as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies enable you to use services such as downloading a resume or cover letter. You are able to disable cookies via your computer’s web browser, however this may restrict access to some services within the StudySelect website.
In addition to using cookies, StudySelect sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to your computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who’s being shown an online advertisement also makes a course enquiry and to analyse a user’s traffic patterns in order to optimise the career and education-related services we bring to you.
Security and Storage of Your Personal Information
StudySelect takes the security of users’ personal information very seriously. We take measures to ensure that the personal information you have provided to us is kept confidential and secure and is protected from unauthorised access, misuse, disclosure or alteration.
We conduct regular reviews to implement new security and encryption technologies to ensure the highest level of protection.
Links to Other Sites
This site may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. The links to third-party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by StudySelect as to the content or policies of those websites.
StudySelect is not responsible for the privacy practices nor the content of any linked website. You should be aware that you must read the Privacy Statement related to that site. The StudySelect Privacy Statement relates only to the StudySelect website.
You acknowledge that StudySelect will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use, or reliance on any information provided by you or the use of your personal information on any third-party website and any claim you will make in such circumstances will be limited to the owners of such third-party websites.
Destruction of Your Personal Information
StudySelect will take reasonable steps to de-identify and destroy any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes in which it was collected, or if we are required to do so by law.
Your continued use of the StudySelect website constitutes your acceptance as to how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
Feedback and Complaints
At StudySelect, we welcome feedback and suggestions about our website. This will assist StudySelect to update and refine any services we provide to you.
If you have a complaint concerning your information privacy or if you would like more information about our approach to privacy, please contact email@example.com.
For Further Information
If you require more information about Australia’s Privacy Laws and the National Privacy Principles, you can access the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
2016 StudySelect Scholarship Terms & Conditions
Value: AUD $2,000 to be used towards a course at an Australian educational institution
Application: Opens 1 May 2016, closes 31 December 2016.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You must be currently enrolled in a course, or planning to commence your studies in Australia no later than 2017
- You must correctly submit all of the requested application documents
Before you apply for the 2016 StudySelect Scholarship, please read all of the following Terms and Conditions. If you are awarded and accept the StudySelect Scholarship, it means that you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to their requirements and conditions.
2. Accepting your scholarship
Your provisional scholarship offer explains how to accept or reject your scholarship. You cannot defer a scholarship to a later semester or year.
It is up to you to keep your contact details up to date. We will send any correspondence regarding a successful or unsuccessful application to the email address you provide on your scholarship application. After you have accepted your scholarship offer, any further correspondence will be via your nominated email account. Please check this email account at least weekly and ensure that there is space to receive emails.
Please note that if you do not respond to a request for information by the requested dates, your scholarship may be terminated or placed on hold.
4. Conditions and criteria of scholarship
To receive the StudySelect Scholarship you must meet the eligibility requirements outlined on the Scholarship web page: studyselect.com.au/scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, you must already be enrolled in a program of study, or have the intention to begin studying no later than 2017. StudySelect may confirm your enrolment with your course provider.
4.3 Changes to your enrolment
If you need to change your enrolment, you must follow the correct procedures. You must maintain an active (‘enrolled’) enrolment status at all times to maintain eligibility for your scholarship.
You must tell us of any changes to your enrolment. These changes include:
- Taking a leave of absence or deferring study
- Transferring to part-time study
Note: if you make a change to your enrolment, it may affect your eligibility to receive a scholarship.
4.4 Duration of scholarship
The StudySelect Scholarship is a one-off payment of AUD$2,000.
If you do want to change your course, you should discuss this with StudySelect and your nominated course provider to confirm that you will still be eligible to receive your scholarship.
4.6 Discontinuation of study
If you withdraw from your program, your scholarship may be terminated. Please contact us if you wish to discontinue your program.
Periodically, scholarship recipients may be requested to complete an online survey regarding your scholarship. Please complete the survey if requested.
4.8 Reporting requirements
If you choose to accept this scholarship, you will be required to correspond with StudySelect at various points throughout your study, including details on:
- Your experiences with study and your course
- Your perception of the effect of the scholarship in assisting you to achieve your academic objectives for the year
4.9 Media conditions
If you are a scholarship recipient, you irrevocably:
a) Consent to StudySelect, its employees or agents:
- Photographing/videoing you and using any resulting images of you in relation to the scholarship
- Using any written material that you have produced about your experiences with online study in relation to the scholarship
- To be involved, if requested, in any scholarship-related publicity as StudySelect deems fit in order to promote StudySelect or any of StudySelect’s activities.
- b) Acknowledge that all rights, titles and interests in or relating to any scholarship-related written material you have produced or images of you taken by or on behalf of StudySelect belongs to StudySelect for its own use.
c) Release StudySelect from any claim by you or on your behalf, arising out of StudySelect’s use of any scholarship-related written material you produce, as well as any photographic or video materials of you taken for the scholarship.
d) If requested, you may be asked to participate in activities to promote your scholarship, including public speaking and media interviews.
Scholarship value and payments
5.1 Scholarship payments
Your provisional scholarship offer letter will detail information about payment of your scholarship. To be eligible to receive payment you must:
- Accept your provisional scholarship offer
- Maintain ongoing eligibility for your scholarship
- Comply with any requests for information by the due date as instructed in your provisional scholarship offer letter
Payment must be made via direct deposit to an Australian bank account.
5.2 Taxation and Centrelink
Please seek your own independent advice from the relevant authorities on the effect, if any, that the scholarship may have on eligibility for Austudy, Abstudy or Youth Allowance, as well as any taxation implications.
6. Retaining your scholarship
To retain your scholarship, you must:
- Advise StudySelect of any change to your enrolment such as (but not limited to) leave of absence, cancellation of enrolment, change of resident status, change of program or change of provider
- Maintain enrolment in a program
- Update StudySelect on your experiences and perceptions, as requested
- Adhere to the course provider’s academic and administrative policies
- Adhere to the terms and conditions within this document
You must also meet any additional criteria as on the scholarship web page: studyselect.com.au/scholarship
6.1 Termination of the scholarship
StudySelect may terminate your scholarship if you have:
- Discontinued your program or are not enrolled in a program
- Failed to meet the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions of your scholarship
- Provided false or misleading information when applying for a scholarship, or once you have received a scholarship
- Been suspended or excluded for misconduct by your course provider
- Breached your course provider’s policies and procedures, rules and/or regulations or State or Commonwealth laws
6.2 Consequence of termination
Your scholarship will be cancelled. In most cases, StudySelect will require you to return the scholarship monies (AUD $2,000) in full within 30 days of the scholarship being cancelled.
7. Provision of false or misleading information
The offer and tenure of your scholarship is based on the information that you provide to StudySelect. Your scholarship may be withdrawn at any stage if you provide incorrect information or withhold relevant information.
If you provide false or misleading information in an application or supporting documentation or once you have received a scholarship, this is grounds for disciplinary and/or legal action.
8. Privacy and confidentiality
The information supplied to StudySelect by applicants is collected for the primary purpose of assessing your eligibility to receive a scholarship. Other purposes of collection include dealing with administrative matters in relation to your application, corresponding with you, and the compilation of statistics. Your confidentiality will be respected at all stages of the process.
8.1 Republishing your information
We will gain your permission to republish any information you provide StudySelect in your application.