Career FAQs Pty Ltd (ACN 111 754 799) t/a StudySelect (“StudySelect” or “we”), cares about the privacy of its users (“you”) and understands the importance of protecting any personal information we collect about you as well as clearly disclosing to you what we may do with your personal information.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and observe the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP”) pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended).
The purpose of this policy is to let you know:
- What information is collected about you when you visit this website
- What information is collected when you submit a course enquiry
- What information is collected when you download a free career resource
- How this information is collected and used
- Our disclosure policies, including with whom the information is shared
- How you can access or correct your information
- What security procedures are in place to protect against the misuse or loss of personal information
- How you can contact StudySelect and make complaints (if necessary)
- When you visit the site
- When you submit a course inquiry
- When you purchase a course
- When you download a free career resource, including, but not limited to, a resume, cover letter or resignation template
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- To any of our third-party partners in relation to an email direct marking campaign or any content sharing arrangements
Your personal information will be handled appropriately according to this policy and the terms and conditions section of our website and may be amended, at StudySelect’s discretion, from time to time. You may contact us at any time to request details about what personal information we hold, or to request that it be changed or deleted.
The type of information that StudySelect collects about you is dependent on how you use the services offered on our website.
(a) Personal Information
StudySelect collects personal information about its users. Once an individual decides to make an enquiry about a course, subscribe to our newsletter or download a career or education-related resource, StudySelect (upon the individual completing an online form) will collect all or some of the following personal information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- State and country of residence
- Enrolment readiness status
- Career(s) and/or course(s) of interest
We will not collect or solicit personal information via this site which would be unlawful, unrelated to the functions or activities of StudySelect, or in a manner we believe is unreasonably intrusive. How we use your personal information is set out below in the section entitled “Use and Disclosure of Personal Information”.
There is no obligation on you to provide us with any of the personal information that we may request, however if you choose not to provide us with the requested information we may not be able to offer the requested service or it may affect our efficiency in providing our services to you.
(b) Sensitive Information
Generally, StudySelect does not collective sensitive information about an individual. Sensitive information, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles includes, but is not limited to, information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
(d) Non-personal Information
Like most websites, StudySelect collects non-personal information in aggregated form when an individual accesses the website, which includes the following information:
- Date and time of visit to the site
- Top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.)
- Pages accessed and documents downloaded
- Previous site visited
- Type of Internet browser used
- IP address
- Operating system used
- Domain name of your Internet Service Provider
- Banner advertisements you have viewed or clicked on.
We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our users use our website. We may also share this information with our third-party education partners for the purpose of providing you with the best course choices.
StudySelect will only collect information about an individual from that individual, unless it is reasonable and practicable to do so or for reasons compliant with the APP.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information is requested or collected by us when it is required to assist in efficiently handling your request. You acknowledge that any disclosure of personal information by you during a visit to our website, whether as part of completing a course enquiry or otherwise, is being made freely by you without any pressure or undue influence being exerted on you.
Your personal information is used for the following purposes:
- To answer your enquiries or to assist in processing your enrolment through StudySelect’s education and training partners, which will involve disclosing your personal information to the educational entity that provides the course you have enquired about
- To offer you personalised and relevant educational information and services to enhance your study and career opportunities
- To provide information on government study loans, financial subsidies, student support services, or changes to regulations or legislation
- To provide more information about the courses provided by education providers from time to time, as authorised by law
- To provide you with marketing communications as permitted by law, including in relation to our partners’ career and education-related products and services, which includes, but is not limited to, news about education-related products and services similar to those you have made enquiries about
- To provide to any partners on our website (which will be determined by StudySelect and may include tertiary and other educational providers as well as other careers stakeholders) – see our quality assurance process for the providers we partner with above.
You can opt out or unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in each newsletter or by contacting us directly. Please allow two working days for any unsubscribe requests to come into effect. Based on the information you share with us, individual offers may be shown to you on our website or on third-party websites, including social media websites.
StudySelect will only publish your personal information on this site if you have consented to its disclosure (e.g. you have taken part in an interview, or submitted an article to be published on our blog). When giving such consent you should be aware that information published on this site is accessible to users from all over the world, will be indexed by search engines and may be copied and used by any web user. This means that, once the information is published on this site, we will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
StudySelect will take reasonable steps to ensure that when personal information is provided to third parties, they are also bound by privacy and confidentiality provisions in relation to the protection of your personal information. StudySelect may disclose your personal information to third parties who perform services for us, or any related parties including but not limited to the purposes of maintaining and managing our information systems.
You have the right to directly contact such third parties to request access to any personal information provided to us.
Updated Information and Access to Personal Information
StudySelect will make reasonable attempts to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date and complete. To assist us with this, please provide us with the correct information and inform us if there is any change in your details.
Please contact us if you would like access to the personal information that we hold about you, if you would like to update your personal information or if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate.
At your request, StudySelect will provide you with access to your personal information, unless there is an exemption which applies under the APP. To protect your privacy and security we may need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request changes to your personal information.
StudySelect uses ‘cookies’ in its website systems. A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device, and allows you to be recognised as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies enable you to use services such as downloading a resume or cover letter. You are able to disable cookies via your computer’s web browser, however this may restrict access to some services within the StudySelect website.
In addition to using cookies, StudySelect sometimes uses web beacons. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that’s delivered to your computer either as part of a web page request or in an HTML email message. Either directly or through service providers, we use these pixels as part of our online advertisements either on our website or on third-party websites to learn whether a user who’s being shown an online advertisement also makes a course enquiry and to analyse a user’s traffic patterns in order to optimise the career and education-related services we bring to you.
Security and Storage of Your Personal Information
StudySelect takes the security of users’ personal information very seriously. We take measures to ensure that the personal information you have provided to us is kept confidential and secure and is protected from unauthorised access, misuse, disclosure or alteration.
We conduct regular reviews to implement new security and encryption technologies to ensure the highest level of protection.
Links to Other Sites
This site may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. The links to third-party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by StudySelect as to the content or policies of those websites.
StudySelect is not responsible for the privacy practices nor the content of any linked website. You should be aware that you must read the Privacy Statement related to that site. The StudySelect Privacy Statement relates only to the StudySelect website.
You acknowledge that StudySelect will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use, or reliance on any information provided by you or the use of your personal information on any third-party website and any claim you will make in such circumstances will be limited to the owners of such third-party websites.
Destruction of Your Personal Information
StudySelect will take reasonable steps to de-identify and destroy any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes in which it was collected, or if we are required to do so by law.
Your continued use of the StudySelect website constitutes your acceptance as to how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
Feedback and Complaints
At StudySelect, we welcome feedback and suggestions about our website. This will assist StudySelect to update and refine any services we provide to you.
If you have a complaint concerning your information privacy or if you would like more information about our approach to privacy, please contact email@example.com.
For Further Information
If you require more information about Australia’s Privacy Laws and the National Privacy Principles, you can access the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
For Enquiries related to Courses offered by Australian Catholic University
Australian Catholic University collects personal information in accordance with its Collection Notice. By completing the Enquiry Form for a course offered by Australian Catholic University you are also agreeing to the Privacy Terms and Conditions set out on their website, click here for more information.