What does a plasterer do?
- Draw up measurements for plasterboard layout
- Install insulation and moisture barriers
- Cut and install panels to walls and ceilings
- Fix and maintain plaster fittings
- Assemble scaffolding and trestles
What skills do I need to be a plasterer?
- Technical aptitude and ability to work well with numbers
- Ability to work at heights
- Methodical work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Physically fit
Once skills are properly developed, plasterers can further their careers by specialising in particular aspects of plasterwork outside of initial construction. Due to the diverse nature of plasterwork, plasters can choose to specialise in a variety of different areas such as modelling, maintenance and factory work.