In a nutshell
Keen accelerate your career in Clinical Aesthetics? Discover the highest level of education available for the field when you sign up to study the Bachelor of Applied Health Science (Clinical Aesthetics) led by The Australasian College of Health & Wellness.
This course will combine science and clinical practice to give you the expertise and skills to confidently liaise with clients and medical health professionals. Made up of four key streams, this degree covers Human Biosciences, Applied Health Science, Health Communication and Management, and Clinical Aesthetics Practice.
Have the added ease of online study – where you can log in and access lectures and tutorials at your own convenience, plus attend a three-day intensive workshop in Sydney, where you’ll get plenty of practical experience.
Become identified as an expert in the Clinical Aesthetics industry when you study with The Australasian College of Health & Wellness!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successful completion of the NSW HSC (or equivalent ATAR of 65 and above); OR
- Admission to candidature for an undergraduate degree at an Australian University; OR
- Satisfactory completion of an approved Tertiary Preparation Program, Tertiary Orientation Program or a Foundation Year Program offered by a University, an accredited higher education provider or a Registered Training Organisation
Special entry may be applied if:
- 21 years or over; OR
- Undertake an admissions interview; AND
- Submit your updated resume detailed related work experience
In this applied health science (clinical aesthetics) course, the subjects you may study include:
- Integumentary System
- Introduction to Applied Health Science
- Nutrition in Practice
- Cosmetic Chemistry
- Clinical Aesthetic Interventions
- Wellness and Anti-Ageing
- Human Structure and Function 1
- Human Structure and Function 2
- Differential Diagnosis of Skin Disorders
- Stress, Ageing and the Skin
- Special Topics in Clinical Aesthetics
- Introduction to Professional Practice
- Professional Communications
- Critical Thinking and Research Skills
- Practice Management
- Psychology of Clinical Aesthetics
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Introduction to Clinical Practice
- Dermal Therapy 1
- Dermal Therapy 2
- Advanced Dermal Interventions
- Perioperative Skin Care
- Clinical Observation
Why Australasian College of Health and Wellness?
Study at the Australasian College of Health & Wellness, and advance your career in paramedical, allied health, and advanced beauty and aesthetics settings, with their specially developed courses in Applied Health Science.
Tipped to set the benchmark for dermal and aesthetics education, ACHW is all about offering students the right combination of science and clinical practice. Their courses offer a blended learning experience, with the majority of course content conveniently delivered online, as well as a practical three-day workshop presented in Sydney.
ACHW’s courses are nationally recognised and offer the highest level of tertiary education available in the field. Get the confidence, skills and right qualification to succeed in the rapidly evolving health and wellness industry.
Students at the Australasian College of Health & Wellness will not only be led by leaders in clinical aesthetics and dermal industries, but they will have the opportunity to form relationships and learn from ACHW's strong industry partners.
They also offer support and guidance to prospective students who are seeking a tertiary education with their free bridging course.
When you join the Australasian College of Health & Wellness you’ll be part of a team who have a genuine interest in your success, which why they are committed to constantly raising the bar with their courses and student services.