In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Health Promotion qualification from Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is designed for those looking to pursue a career in health-related fields, particularly in the area of health promotion.
Studying health promotion is incredibly rewarding, as you are offered the opportunity to work with both individuals and the broader community in positively impacting their health and promoting healthier decision making. This degree is comprised of studies in core health, health science, health promotion, and professional skills. Studying this degree will both develop your theoretical knowledge of health promotion principles, but also your practical health promotion skills through industry placements.
The Bachelor of Health Promotion is accredited by the International Union for Health Promotion and Education (IHUPE), one of only two undergraduate degrees in NSW.
This course is available on campus at Sydney Olympic Park with selected units available online.
What you’ll need
We are not ATAR dependent. Some options for entry are:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects, or
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification, or
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent.
We also offer various alternative entry pathways. Enquire now for more information.
The subjects you may study include:
- Understanding Health
- Health Priorities for Australia
- Foundations of Health Promotion
- Physical Literacy for Children & Young People
- Health and Physical Activity: A Sociological Perspective
- Physiology of Human Movement
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Pedagogy for Physical Education & Sport
- Professional Communication
- Foundations of Health Promotion
- Exercise Prescription
- Inclusive Health and Physical Activity
- Nutrition as Medicine
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Promoting Physical Activity
- Event Planning & Project Management
- Psychology of Behaviour Change
- Work Integrated Learning
- Elective 1 (see Elective Options tab)
- Program Planning
- Exercise is Medicine
- Work Integrated Learning 2
- Elective 2 (see Elective Options tab)
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: