In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Health Promotion from Australian College of Physical Education will equip you with job-ready skills and networks to work in a wide range of industries which require a health promotion specialist. Graduates will work in making a positive impact on the health of both individuals and the broader community.
You’ll develop strong theoretical knowledge of health promotion principles and practical skills via industry work placement which can lead to employment in your desired field.
It is an integrated qualification with 3 years of full-time study, and is fully online but has selected units which can be done face-to-face if preferred.
What you’ll need
There are no prerequisites for this course.
The course is split into 4 core study areas:
- Health Promotion Discipline Units - examining how health promotion combines education, organisation, economic and political activities.
- Core Health Discipline Units - looking into the social model of health and key concepts in global health.
- Health Science Discipline Units - which involve study of psychology, nutrition, physical activity and social development.
- Professional Skills and Work Integrated Learning Units - provide structured and guided work placements to develop practical skills and experience, ensuring job readiness when you graduate. You can opt to develop your interest area based on placement availabilities.
Subjects you may study include:
- Understanding Health
- Health Priorities for Australia
- Foundations of Health Promotion
- Physical Literacy for Children & Young People
- Health & Physical Activity: A Sociological Perspective
- Introduction to the Australian Healthcare System
- Epidemiology & Statistics
- Physical Activity and Social Development
- Health Promotion Strategies
- Psychology of Behaviour Change
- Global Health
- Professional Communication
- Health Promotion in Action
- Nutrition as Medicine
- Evidence Based Practice
- Health Promotion in Challenging Contexts
- Environmental Health
- Work Integrated Learning 1
- Elective 1
- Program Planning
- Health Policy & Advocacy
- Work Integrated Learning 2
- Elective 2
- Youth Health & Resilience
- Inclusive Health & Physical Activity
- Event Planning & Program Management
- Professional Integrity
- Research in Action (Sport)
- Promoting Physical Activity
- Entrepreneurship in the Sport Industry
- Sport & Human Resource Management
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.