In a nutshell
This Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise) from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), provides targeted professional training, familiarising you with human anatomy, biomechanics and physiology.
Throughout this course, you will learn about how movement, exercise, nutrition and lifestyle opportunities impact human health. You will also be taught to consider strategies for promoting health awareness in tandem with bioscience training.
This course will ready you for employment in the occupational health sector and is offered for full or part-time study on campus (with selected subjects available online) at ACPE.
Take a look around ACPE's Sydney campus.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to enrol in this course, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have completed the NSW HSC with minimum average of 05 (calculated from the highest 6 units completed) or equivalent; OR
- Hold a qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- Hold an associate diploma or higher from a recognised VET provider; OR
- Have completed at least one year full-time or equivalent in a degree from an Australian university; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified under formal articulation agreements as determined by the ACPE academic board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the academic achievement criteria above.
In this health science course, the subjects you will study include:
- Understanding health
- Skill acquisition
- Application of Maths and Statistics for Health and Sport
- Musculoskeletal anatomy and physiology
- Biochemistry and nutrition
- Exercise prescription throughout the lifespan
- Professional integrity
- Systems anatomy and physiology
- Applied exercise physiology
- Strength and conditioning
- Principles of health promotion
- Health, Lifestyle, Disease and Exercise Prescription
- Sports medicine
- Raising health awareness
- Human pathophysiology and pharmacology
- Functional Anatomy
- Research design and epidemiology
- Health and physical assessment
- Nutrition health and sporting performance
- Advanced training principles and exercise prescription
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: