In a nutshell
The Australian College of Physical Education’s Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise) will allow you to understand how the human body functions in response to training, physical activity, exercise, and overall build stronger foundations for health professional programs.
This course allows for a diverse range of career options in the sport science field, with graduates that are eligible to apply for accreditation/registration with ESSA as Accredited Exercise Scientists (AES), AusActive as a personal trainer/gym instructor, or ASCA as a Level 1 or 2 S&C coach. ACPE outshines competitors based on the Quality Indicators of Learning and Teaching (QILT) Student Experience Survey, run by the Government. Compared to other education providers and universities in 2021, ACPE ranked number 1 in Health courses in the nation for student support, student experience, and teaching quality.
This course is face-to-face on campus at Sydney Olympic Park, with selected units available online.
Take a look around ACPE's Sydney campus.
What you’ll need
Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) are not ATAR dependent. Some options for entry are:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects, or
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification, or
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent.
They also offer various alternative entry pathways. Please enquire for more information.
In this health science course, the subjects you will study include:
- Understanding health
- Skill acquisition
- Application of Maths and Statistics for Health and Sport
- Musculoskeletal anatomy and physiology
- Biochemistry and nutrition
- Exercise prescription throughout the lifespan
- Professional integrity
- Systems anatomy and physiology
- Applied exercise physiology
- Strength and conditioning
- Principles of health promotion
- Health, Lifestyle, Disease and Exercise Prescription
- Sports medicine
- Raising health awareness
- Human pathophysiology and pharmacology
- Functional Anatomy
- Research design and epidemiology
- Health and physical assessment
- Nutrition health and sporting performance
- Advanced training principles and exercise prescription
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: