In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Physical Activity for Health qualification from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) blends sport science, health, and movement to open up doors to a variety of further study options and careers.
If you’re looking to pursue a career in health-related fields and focus on sport and physical activity, this degree is well suited. You will learn how to plan, develop, evaluate and implement health initiatives and physical activity, all with the purpose of helping others become more physically active. This course will ensure you graduate work-ready, whether that be working for the Government, in community organisations, or in the private health sector.
The Bachelor of Physical Activity for Health is also a direct pathway course into the Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education). The first year of both degrees have the same units. This means that if you qualify in your second year to transfer over, you don’t lose any credits or time.
What you’ll need
We are not ATAR dependent. Some options for entry are:
- A minimum NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent meeting required standards in relevant subjects, or
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification, or
- One year of full-time or an equivalent study in a degree course at a recognised higher education institute in Australia or an equivalent.
We also offer various alternative entry pathways. Enquire now for more information.
While completing this Bachelor of Physical Activity for Health qualification from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), you will study subjects that include:
- Understanding Health
- Health Priorities for Australia
- Skill Acquisition
- Physical Literacy for Children & Young People
- Health and Physical Activity: A Sociological Perspective
- Physiology of Human Movement
- Musculo-Skeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Pedagogy for Physical Education & Sport
- Professional Communication
- Foundations of Health Promotion
- Exercise Prescription
- Inclusive Health and Physical Activity
- Nutrition as Medicine
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Promoting Physical Activity
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: