In a nutshell
The ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology – Elective Focus Basic Cyber Security, from Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), is perfect for someone starting a career in IT and wanting to work in the high demand field of cyber security.
You’ll gain foundational skills that you can transfer to a range of sectors and specialisations that align with your career goals.
You’ll learn how to:
- Install and optimise operating system software;
- Identify and report online security threats;
- Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices.
AIICT will recognise any relevant skills and experience you’ve developed to date, and provide clear pathways for further education and career development.
By enrolling in the course, you’ll be eligible to take part in the AIICT Industry Partner Program, in which they connect you with those recruiting for current roles in the job market.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, but you've enrolled, you'll need to complete and show proficiency in the Capability Quiz, which has questions to assess an individual's language, numeracy and literacy levels so AIICT can understand how they can best support you.
There are 3 major streams in this course, each with 3 subjects:
Securing Client Devices
- ICTICT302 - Install and optimise operating system software
- ICTSAS214 - Protect devices from spam and destructive software
- ICTSA305 - Provide ICT advice to clients
- BSBCRT301 - Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
Securing an Organisation
- ICTSA215 - Protect and secure information assets
- BSBXCS401 - Maintain security of digital devices
- BSBXTW301 - Work in a team
- BSBXCS303 - Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information
- ICTICT313 - Identify IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTPRG302 - Apply introductory programming technologies
- BSBXCS302 - Identify and report online security threats
- BSBXCS301 - Protect own personal online profile from cyber security threats
Why Australian Institute of ICT?
Want to make your mark in the ICT industry? Looking for a qualification that’ll get you workplace ready? Need to build to right future-focus skills? Study with confidence when you study an ICT course with the Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT).
With innovative online courses in web development, information technology and more, AIICT offers you industry-recognised training that’ll give you the confidence and skills to pursue your dream job in this thriving industry.
AIICT is part of DDLS, Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training. As partners of many world-class companies including Microsoft, Google and CISCO, your training will be up-to-date with the latest processes, technology and platforms.
At the Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), they’re all about making sure you have the resources conquer your study goals and achieve your career aspirations.
Studying online doesn’t mean you have to feel alone. Be led and supported by expert tutors who will share their extensive knowledge from working in the IT field, and gain access to a supportive online community of peers where you can discuss coursework, study tips and assessments.