In a nutshell
The Certificate IV in Information Technology (Web Development) (ICT40120) from AIICT provides a solid base of knowledge and highly regarded skills to equip you to become a website developer. This is a career on the way up with strong demand for the skills that help businesses present themselves on the web to a global customer base and utilise e-commerce to drive growth.
You’ll learn to gather requirements from clients, manage website development projects, conceptualise website designs, and develop and maintain websites and databases. In addition, you’ll gain knowledge on search engine optimisation, how to evaluate and select web hosting services and the use of dynamic scripting to create dynamic pages.
AIICT is delivering this course on behalf of, and in partnership with the Registered Training Organisation, Everthought College of Construction, RTO Number 51681.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
In this information technology course, the subjects you may study include:
- ICTPRG302 - Apply introductory programming techniques
- BSBCRT404 - Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes
- ICTWEB452 - Create a markup language document
- ICTWEB431 - Create and style simple markup language documents
- ICTWEB432 - Design website layouts
- ICTICT443 - Work collaboratively in the ICT industry
- ICTWEB441 - Produce basic client-side script
- ICTICT433 - Build graphical user interfaces
- ICTICT451 - Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTSAS432 - Identify and resolve client ICT problems
- ICTDBS415 - Build a database
- BSBXCS404 - Contribute to cyber security risk management
- ICTDBS416 - Create basic relational databases
- ICTWEB451 - Apply structured query language in relational databases
- ICTICT426 - Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices
- ICTWEB450 - Evaluate and select a web hosting service
- ICTWEB433 - Confirm accessibility of websites
- ICTWEB443 - Implement search engine optimisations
- ICTWEB440 - Use web authoring tools
- ICTWEB434 - Transfer content to websites
Why Australian Institute of ICT?
Want to make your mark in the ICT industry? Looking for a qualification that’ll get you workplace ready? Need to build to right future-focus skills? Study with confidence when you study an ICT course with the Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT).
With innovative online courses in web development, information technology and more, AIICT offers you industry-recognised training that’ll give you the confidence and skills to pursue your dream job in this thriving industry.
AIICT is part of DDLS, Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training. As partners of many world-class companies including Microsoft, Google and CISCO, your training will be up-to-date with the latest processes, technology and platforms.
At the Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), they’re all about making sure you have the resources conquer your study goals and achieve your career aspirations.
Studying online doesn’t mean you have to feel alone. Be led and supported by expert tutors who will share their extensive knowledge from working in the IT field, and gain access to a supportive online community of peers where you can discuss coursework, study tips and assessments.