In a nutshell
Learn the science and practice of nutrition help improve people’s health, wellness and nutrition with the Diploma of Nutrition (10967NAT) from the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
Created and led by industry professionals, this 100% online course will dive into how to provide specialised nutritional advice and evaluate general health, wellbeing and lifestyle and cover basic medical knowledge about the human body. You’ll learn how to effectively engage and communicate with a broad demographic of clients, including children and those of diverse cultural background; promote the importance of healthy eating in the community, educating on effective nutrition in accordance with the Australian Dietary Guidelines; pre-screen clients to identify and evaluate the risk of providing nutritional advice to clients in specific circumstances; and apply depth of understanding of diet-related diseases and associated terminologies in diverse contextual ranges.
Enquire today about the nationally accredited Diploma of Nutrition and be prepared to join the workforce after just 12 months of study!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old; AND
- Have completed year 12 or equivalent (a qualification at Certificate IV level or higher OR 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication); AND
- Be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
This qualification requires the candidate to complete 30 practical sessions in a health or fitness workplace under the supervision of one of the following:
- A qualified Personal Trainer with a Certificate IV or Diploma of Fitness, is registered and has 2 consecutive years of practice as a P.T.
- A person who holds a Diploma of Nutrition or Advanced Diploma of Nutrition
- A person who holds a Bachelor of Nutrition and/or Dietetics
- A registered and practicing Dietitian
In order to complete your Work Placement, you may be required to hold a current "Working with Children Check Clearance" issued by the relevant Responsible Authority in the State or Territory in which you will undertake the course. Please see the Student Handbook for more information.
In this nutrition course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTHPS010 - Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet
- HLTINF003 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTAID011 - Provide first aid*
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- CHCPRP005 - Engage with health professionals and the health system
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- NAT10967001 - Educate clients in the fundamental principles of nutrition
- NAT10967002 - Provide specialised nutrition advice for weight management
- NAT10967003 - Provide tailored nutritional advice for exercise and sport
- NAT10967004 - Support the nutritional requirements of specific populations
*First aid course is to be sourced by the student and completed at an external RTO. Cost is additional. There is a discounted rate for AIPT students with Red Cross Australia.
Why Australian Institute of Personal Trainers?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip their students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside their partner Registered Training Organisation, Foundation Education, they have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide. When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support
Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Largest network of locations
We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
Flexible delivery options
AIPT caters to all learning styles and offers flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules and budget, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Throughout your studies as an AIPT student, you will have complete access to their expert education team – a group of mentors who are dedicating to answering any of your questions or study queries. Mentors are seasoned fitness professionals with years of experience in the industry and can be contacted via email, online or over the phone. As an AIPT student, you will also have access to the My eCampus learning portal where you will be able to download course content and submit assessments.