In a nutshell
Start your career in IT with a Bachelor of Information Technology degree, delivered by Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia.
Learn how to analyse, solve and propose innovative IT solutions. You’ll cover foundational studies in programming, software engineering, network and database systems, and human-centred design, as well as topics in smart industry technologies, enterprise computing and cloud architectures. A choice of elective subjects, including data analytics, artificial intelligence, web development and UX, game programming and cybersecurity, allows you to tailor the course to your interests. You will also have the opportunity to undertake work experience, which lets you apply your learnings and further prepare for entry into the workforce.
This course has been co-developed with industry-leading ICT practitioners and academics, and is structured to align with the guidelines of the Australian Computer Society.
Students are offered the opportunity to work within a technology company as an intern or volunteer at a technology non-profit organisation.
Learn in-demand IT skills
Gain expertise across cloud computing, networking, data science, programming, AI, and IoT at an enterprise level.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course, students need to have:
- Completed Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent, OR
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above, OR
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification, OR
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
While completing the Bachelor of Information Technology qualification , you will cover the following subjects:
- Computer Architecture and Operating Systems
- Introduction to Programming
- Foundations of Information Systems
- Data and Networking
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Interaction Design
- Networking and Database Systems
- Human-Centred Design for Software Engineering
- IT Professional Practices
- Creative Enterprises
- Introduction to Data Science
- Project Based Learning Studio: Technology
- Secure By Design
- Cloud Architecture
- Enterprise Computing Systems
- Smart Industry Applications
- Advanced Technology - Work Integrated Learning
Why Billy Blue College of Design?
Billy Blue College of Design is the design and creative technology faculty at Torrens University Australia, and home to the industry’s best and brightest. They’re known for our engagement with industry and employability focus, with courses developed in collaboration with industry leaders.
You'll study in iconic, inspirational spaces where ideas flourish, and our educators are adventurous and eager to share their craft, and industry contacts. During your studies, you’ll master the practical skills you need back up your imagination and gain the commercial skills you need to scale up your career.
Best of all, university admission needn’t be a worry. You don’t need an ATAR to study with Billy Blue, just a passion to learn, and that hard-earned work-life experience counts too.
You’ll benefit from the dedicated support of Course Advisors and Success Coaches, who can help you navigate your career dreams and study goals.
And, with all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part-time, on-campus, online, or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.