In a nutshell
The Double Diploma of Practice Management (HLT57715) and Business (Records and Information Management) (BSB50120) from College for Adult Learning has been designed for those working in healthcare who want to increase their skills in both practice management operations and records management to successfully move into leadership roles within a healthcare practice or move into health information management.
You’ll gain the essential skills you need to successfully manage a healthcare practice in a variety of sectors, including medical, dental, chiropractic, rehabilitation and aged care, while also developing records management skills. including overseeing health billing and information systems, to propel you into health information management (HIM) roles.
You’ll also learn how to manage WHS and compliance to ensure practice is meeting all legislative requirements.
What you’ll need
As part of your course, it is compulsory to undertake and provide third-party evidence for some assessments in an eligible industry workplace.
Students will be required to have access to their own eligible workplace or an eligible host workplace, to successfully complete their qualification. Enquire for more information.
Subjects you may study in this course include:
- BSBXCM501 - Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBOPS505 - Manage organisational customer service
- BSBCRT511 - Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBLDR522 - Manage people performance
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- BSBFIN501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBOPS504 - Manage business risk
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- BSBINS513 - Contribute to records management framework
- BSBINS501 - Implement information and knowledge management systems
- BSBOPS501 - Manage business resources
- HLTADM004 - Manage health billing and accounting system
- BSBINS512 - Monitor business records systems
- HLTINF007 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control standards, policies, and procedures
- BSBINS601 - Manage knowledge and information
- BSBSUS511 - Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.